Motorcycle stolen at Gunpoint | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle stolen at Gunpoint

But Ontario is mostly concurrent sentencing. Assuming you haven't been convicted before, once you have the gun out, you are already approaching the max sentence they will give you.
Unless the duty counsel is POed at the perp they take a move out of the dirty cop play book and pull some shenanigans to delay then go for a charter challenge.
These days mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines are viewed as merely suggestions by our courts.

Since I don't own a Range Rover or some other high end SUV or car I thought I was pretty much exempt from carjacking attempts. Anyone with a gun can have my Tracer GT, I'll just use insurance proceeds to replace it. I would have zero inclination to test the carjacker's true intent in brandishing a gun; i.e. are you just using a gun to intimidate or are you ready and willing to kill someone who doesn't jump high enough when you command something.

I won't die for the X...but a sweet BMW... lol

no...there's only 4 people I'm willing to put up a fight to the death for in my life. And they're all upstairs.

Exactamundo.

They can have the XR, I’ll buy another.

Thread resurrection.

My buddy just had a motorcycle stolen from his condo parking garage last night. Thankfully it wasn't his, but a neighbour's bike.

My friend has a 2022 KTM 1290 Superadventure R. The bike that was stolen was a few stalls down. It was a 2009 GSX-R600.

Thieves are not stealing high-end BMWs, KTMs or Ducatis. They are stealing Japanese sportbikes because the parts market is larger for those motorcycles.

Top Ten Motorcycles stolen in the US in 2019 by brand, stats by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB):

1. Honda 8122 thefts
2. Yamaha 6495 thefts
3. Harley Davidson 4737 thefts
4. Suzuki 4686 thefts
5. Kawasaki 4641 thefts
6. Tao Motors 1610 thefts
7. KTM 805 thefts
8. Genuine Cycle: 647 thefts
9. Ducati 501 thefts
10. BMW 443 thefts

Source: NICB Report: Motorcycle Thefts Fall Again | National Insurance Crime Bureau

An earlier study in the state of California done by the NICB showed these were the most popular models stolen by order of # of thefts:

1. Honda CBR600
2. Yamaha YZFR6
3. Suzuki GSXR600
4. Harley Davidson FLH Series
5. Kawasaki ZX600

Last edited:
Thread resurrection.

My buddy just had a motorcycle stolen from his condo parking garage last night. Thankfully it wasn't his, but a neighbour's bike.

My friend has a 2022 KTM 1290 Superadventure R. The bike that was stolen was a few stalls down. It was a 2009 GSX-R600.

Thieves are not stealing high-end BMWs, KTMs or Ducatis. They are stealing Japanese sportbikes because the parts market is larger for those motorcycles.

Top Ten Motorcycles stolen in the US in 2019 by brand, stats by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB):

1. Honda 8122 thefts
2. Yamaha 6495 thefts
3. Harley Davidson 4737 thefts
4. Suzuki 4686 thefts
5. Kawasaki 4641 thefts
6. Tao Motors 1610 thefts
7. KTM 805 thefts
8. Genuine Cycle: 647 thefts
9. Ducati 501 thefts
10. BMW 443 thefts

Source: NICB Report: Motorcycle Thefts Fall Again | National Insurance Crime Bureau

An earlier study in the state of California done by the NICB showed these were the most popular models stolen by order of # of thefts:

1. Honda CBR600
2. Yamaha YZFR6
3. Suzuki GSXR600
4. Harley Davidson FLH Series
5. Kawasaki ZX600
will recommend condo owners to get s1000rrs from now on Lol

Back
Top Bottom