Motorcycle stolen at Gunpoint | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle stolen at Gunpoint

On mine they will have to figure out it is a GP shift pattern.... I doubt they will get far but hopefully far enough not to come right back!
Well, if they dont suck at clutching, they can just start in second (which they think is first) and not change gears. Should be plenty fast to get away. I dont know if I would be happy or sad to watch them take off and money shift first and crash.

Well, if they dont suck at clutching, they can just start in second (which they think is first) and not change gears. Should be plenty fast to get away. I dont know if I would be happy or sad to watch them take off and money shift first and crash.

If it’s GP, then tapping down to start would actually get them to 6th.

Good luck making a getaway under those conditions.

If it’s GP, then tapping down to start would actually get them to 6th.

Good luck making a getaway under those conditions.
Wha? I thought it just reversed the pattern. How does it get from neutral to 6th? I haven't ridden a GP shift bike.

Is this story from canada or South Africa/Brazil? Why haven't guns been made illegal yet?
Even if guns are made illegal they will still be around.

Just like legally obtained handguns should only transported to get to and from your gun range (or it stays stored there) since theyre restricted firearms.
Unrestricted have a bit looser restrictions... but honestly if it's a PAL or RPAL license holder, they just lost their license by doing this. But i doubt they even had one in the first place.

Wha? I thought it just reversed the pattern. How does it get from neutral to 6th? I haven't ridden a GP shift bike.

1 can’t be the bottom gear on GP shift, because you tap down to upshift.

1 is all the way at the top now.

On mine they will have to figure out it is a GP shift pattern.... I doubt they will get far but hopefully far enough not to come right back!
MotoGP shift is brilliant...would be funny watching the thief trying to get away.

It's one thing to point a gun at someone, it's another thing to pull the trigger. I don't know if I'd let my bike go.

Remember the Brazil incident where said motorcycle thief got shot by an off duty cop trying to hijack a bike? Can't share it as it's age restricted on YouTube, but the way that thief was handling that gun, he had no intentions of shooting anyone. It probably wasn't even loaded:

Last edited:
MotoGP shift is brilliant...would be funny watching the thief trying to get away.

It's one thing to point a gun at someone, it's another thing to pull the trigger. I don't know if I'd let my bike go.

Remember the Brazil incident where said motorcycle thief got shot by an off duty cop trying to hijack a bike? Can't share it as it's age restricted on YouTube, but the way that thief was handling that gun, he had no intentions of shooting anyone. It probably wasn't even loaded.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Not sure if I'd want to take that chance that the thief I'm facing is hesitant to kill me for a bike.

That's what insurance is for.

Remember the Brazil incident where said motorcycle thief got shot by an off duty cop trying to hijack a bike? Can't share it as it's age restricted on YouTube, but the way that thief was handling that gun, he had no intentions of shooting anyone. It probably wasn't even loaded.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
depending where you are and how ballsy you are, maybe you can throw your keys as far as you can, or on a rooftop, or in the middle of a passing street...

That's a good way to get shot just out of spite.
I agree. 99% chance I just hand over the bike. 1% chance I take the weapon and use it (depending on their demeaner, if I think I am done fer, I am going out fighting). 0% chance I intentionally piss them off and leave them armed.

I agree. 99% chance I just hand over the bike. 1% chance I take the weapon and use it (depending on their demeaner, if I think I am done fer, I am going out fighting). 0% chance I intentionally piss them off and leave them armed.
50/50 chance the guy doesn't want to shoot said gun as the consequences are too high
but then, you don't know what you're dealing with
i say this but i probably would very sheepishly hand over the keys unless i was already having a very very bad day, which doesnt happen often

50/50 chance the guy doesn't want to shoot said gun as the consequences are too high
i say this but i probably would very sheepishly hand over the keys unless i was already having a very very bad day, which doesnt happen often
If they were concerned about consequences, they wouldn't bring a firearm to a property crime. Most of the lines have already been crossed at that point.

I would aim to 90/10 in favour that they won't pull the trigger. They're thieves, not murderers...they just want your bike for free... the gun is a psychological tool that 90% of the population will respond to in a certain way.

I would aim to 90/10 in favour that they won't pull the trigger. They're thieves, not murderers...they just want your bike for free... the gun is a psychological tool that 90% of the population will respond to in a certain way.
I hope I never find out in real life as a victim.

Threatening with an illegal firearm vs pulling the trigger and hurting is a whole different ball game

-Using a firearm (or imitation firearm) while committing an indictable offence
-Careless use of a firearm, and contravention of storage regulations
-Pointing a firearm

A person can be convicted of ‘using a firearm’ even if they did not mean to cause harm to another person. Careless use or storage of a firearm includes ammunition. Also, a firearm does not have to be loaded to result in one of these offences. The sentencing for these offences varies from up to 2 years for ‘careless use of a firearm’ to ‘using a firearm’ which can result in 1 to 14 years in prison for a first offence if tried as an indictable offence.
Once you add everything up
Possession of a restricted firearm is about 3 years minimum
Pointing one is about minimum 5 years
Discharging one is about minimum 5 years
Using while committing offence is about minimum 1 year

And if its not their first go around, it can go up to 14 years for 2 of those and there are other charges that can be added on top of that....
If you're gonna use it, you usually have SOME idea of what could happen.
And your results may vary depending on your lawyer

Threatening with an illegal firearm vs pulling the trigger and hurting is a whole different ball game

Once you add everything up
Possession of a restricted firearm is about 3 years minimum
Pointing one is about minimum 5 years
Discharging one is about minimum 5 years
Using while committing offence is about minimum 1 year

And if its not their first go around, it can go up to 14 years for 2 of those and there are other charges that can be added on top of that....
If you're gonna use it, you usually have SOME idea of what could happen.
And your results may vary depending on your lawyer
But Ontario is mostly concurrent sentencing. Assuming you haven't been convicted before, once you have the gun out, you are already approaching the max sentence they will give you.

Back
Top Bottom