Motorcycle Skills: What are your 2022 goals? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Skills: What are your 2022 goals?

I'm not hauling 650lb FJR Into the woods Lol.

My googling indicates lots of private campgrounds all along my route(s).
Now just gotta hope the plague settles down so we can all pursue our chosen recreational plans
Glampgrounds are $40 in Canada, $30 in most of the USA. For a single that's less than 1/2 the price of budget motels.

And a lot of campsites don't care how many tents you squeeze in. You're just paying for the space. We had 8 motorcycles and 5 tents at one campsite. You can fit quite a lot in a lot designed for an RV.

All for less than $30... Can't beat that price point.

Only a handful of sites have ever had an extra vehicle surcharge and the ones that do will usually waive the fee when they find out you're on motos.

And a lot of campsites don't care how many tents you squeeze in.

Not always. When a bunch of us went to Sturgis a few years ago we went to Devils Tower for one night. We had reservations at a campground a few miles up the road ("Devils Tower View Campground" or something like that IIRC) for us and our bikes but when we arrived the "campsites" (which was literally a grassy area adjacent to the shitters) only allowed one tent each. The guy seriously wanted to charge us $40 PER TENT.

We cancelled our reservation on the spot and went down the road to the KOA. Got a single site there for the same price and all of us set up on it.

This policy can vary wildly based on many years of RV'ing as well. Some campgrounds are insanely picky on the number of things allowed on a site. Others couldn't care less. Others will only allow X number of people for free and then charge extra for anything beyond 2, 3...4 people, whatever.

I want to get more proficient on off road riding. Will have even less time to ride moving forward, so I really would prefer to get the bike off road and just trailer it there for at least a few hours.

I'm worried about the Simcoe County Forests as there's a LOT of sand near Wasaga...but there's other trail networks I can join. Wasn't going to renew my membership...but I will.
Are these the trails that run through Springwater up to Tiny? They're usually quite occupied with ATV's.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Back
Top Bottom