Motorcycle Safety Certificate Checklist (Ontario)? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Safety Certificate Checklist (Ontario)?

ok seems i have to go for 21x7 - 10 tire, do you know any DOT approved ? all the ones i found so far are not !

believe it or not, i found new original tire on ebay for rv90 and for not too expensive. these are bridgestone rectangle 6.7-10.
thanks for your help, i think i just need to fix one turn signal and a horn and should be good for safety check !

Do I need a cat to pass safety? 😬

If a bike has an aftermarket exhaust for example. Full exhaust, not just the can. No cat.

If a bike has an aftermarket exhaust for example. Full exhaust, not just the can. No cat.

The exhaust system has to be "not falling apart". It is a safety inspection, not an emissions inspection, not a noise-level test.

sounds spicy!

Almost every shop is different. Some will write you a ticket with a bare minimum of inspection, others are a lot tougher. I know if one place that will not pass a bike with worn footpeg feelers.
Nothing $10 can't fix.

Age of the tires is a guideline. For the purposes of the safety, there has to be enough tread and there can’t be any cracks in the tread.
This is an area where I’ve butted heads with Snow City. They sold me a certified used bike that had tires with cracks on the sidewalll. When I called them on it they said it technically passed so deal with it.
Really? The province allows dealerships and use car lots that sells you a vehicle to make and pass the inspections themselves? 😅 I would have reported Snow City to the MTO.

A mechanic shop should NEVER be allowed to make inspections and have the power to pass them at their mercy where profit from them is possible. Any shop owner can lie to you and say that your brakes are too worn out and that he has to change them to pass. One guy tried to fail my wife's car for a safety saying the brakes were worn out. Took it to another guy he passed the car. Ask him how much life the brake pads had, he said around 50%, the limit is 40%.

I believe that a safety inspector should be independent without owning a shop. A friend of mine sarcastically said "How is he going to check your car then if he doesn't own a garage?". I said to him: "Do you take your house to a home inspector's shop to get it inspected? Does an MTO truck inspector has a garage on the side of the road to check trucks?".

Really? The province allows dealerships and use car lots that sells you a vehicle to make and pass the inspections themselves? I would have reported Snow City to the MTO.
I brought the bike to my local bike mechanic that I had used for a few years at that point. He took a look at the bike and said that he never would have passed it and it shouldn't have. I called Snow City and told them what the other shop had said and they had the option of sending a new tire to my local shop and covering the labour for the install or get reported. They sent the tire and dealt with the bill.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom