Motorcycle Rider Training Courses in/near Brampton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Rider Training Courses in/near Brampton

Bicky

Hi everyone, I got my m1 today:) and I am now looking for a place to do the training course for my m2. I'm consider Learning Curves or humber and was wondering if anyones knows of any places closer to Brampton?

thanks

there's a list of course providers on the drivetest website...kind of hard to find but it's there...sheridan is the closest to brampton but if you don't mind driving, there's one in kitchener (ontario motorcycle safety council i believe is their name) and one in hamilton (canadian motorcycle association)...i'm going to the hamilton one on april 15-17...good luck!

Hmm. I could've sworn that RTI had cheaper prices, but looks like their basic course is $395+tax. http://www.ridertraining.ca/courses_basics.html

Looks like you might need to spend a chunk of cash either way. Save up some more cash and do Sheridan's course.

i decided to go with Learning Curves it is a little further(45-60 min) but the price is worth it $395 with tax and everything included. Going for the April 23rd week class :)

GTAM members get a discount with some rider training schools. Ask about it.

I did the Sheridan Brampton course a few weeks ago and it was great. While the weather sucked in the rain (but no snow, LOL), I learned quite a bit and had a good time.
The instructors (Rob, Lawrence) were very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to understand.
Was able to pick out my own bike. While the newbie's ran for the heavier street type bikes, I took a dirt/enduro bike and could navigate all pylons with extreme ease all weekend (if that's not a tip i don't know what is!!!!).

The final testing was all encompassing but far from difficult, as we had been practicing similar exercises for hours before the test.

One suggestion on clothing: bring an actual motorcycle rain suit (2 piece) if it looks like rain, as your leather jacket will get soaked and take a week to dry (mine is still a bit damp!!!). Also don't wear big, clunky work boots as they will hamper your ability to change gears quickly in a few exercises.

Price??? $450 or something is not a big deal in the scheme of things. If you are looking to cheap out on a hundred bucks and find a "discount" school, you shouldn't bother with one at all and just practice by yourself. It will be cheaper to fail that way, LOL. (in other words, this course is worth every penny)

Just a note that the courses offered by the colleges are recognized by Rev Can and you can claim the cost on your taxes. That may partially explain the higher cost.

I was wondering if there was a train course like this one ( http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/surviving_the_streets_instrtn.html ) in or around Brampton. This course ,I think, is just for skills and don't have anything to do with the M1 or M2 and has a nice price. I have my M2 and Passed the Sheridan Brampton course last year. I was just look for a course to update and make sure my skills are right. Riding without training you could develop a lot of bad habits without even know it.

Thank you for the compliment.

I did the Sheridan Brampton course a few weeks ago and it was great. While the weather sucked in the rain (but no snow, LOL), I learned quite a bit and had a good time.
The instructors (Rob, Lawrence) were very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to understand.
Was able to pick out my own bike. While the newbie's ran for the heavier street type bikes, I took a dirt/enduro bike and could navigate all pylons with extreme ease all weekend (if that's not a tip i don't know what is!!!!).

The final testing was all encompassing but far from difficult, as we had been practicing similar exercises for hours before the test.

One suggestion on clothing: bring an actual motorcycle rain suit (2 piece) if it looks like rain, as your leather jacket will get soaked and take a week to dry (mine is still a bit damp!!!). Also don't wear big, clunky work boots as they will hamper your ability to change gears quickly in a few exercises.

Price??? $450 or something is not a big deal in the scheme of things. If you are looking to cheap out on a hundred bucks and find a "discount" school, you shouldn't bother with one at all and just practice by yourself. It will be cheaper to fail that way, LOL. (in other words, this course is worth every penny)

Back
Top Bottom