Motorcycle Experience TV show | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Experience TV show

TK4

I just got slagged elsewhere for expressing an unflattering opinion about the show.
This time I'll ask more carefully, does it serve any purpose other than free (to TSN) filler between episodes of celebrity poker?

Hey, you can get slagged for saying the sky is blue nowadays.

And whats wrong with celebrity poker? lol

I just went to the website and watched some snippets of a few of their episodes.

Seems geared towards newer riders. A lot of the bike reviews are just reading off the spec sheet that the manufacturer supplies with the demo bike.

Production quality seems a bit low. Especially compared to a lot of YouTube content.

Not something I would watch, myself. But I'm sure somebody, somewhere out there would find it interesting.

*shrug*

Just watched one. Is the CB500X intended for petite women like they imply?

I've seen it and I'd watch it again....if the remote was out of reach.

That said it's neither worth slagging nor praising, it's just there.

It is advertorial and fully sponsored by the bike brands but the alternative is nothing Canadian.

I look especially if it is showcasing a bike I am interested in. The PVR allows you to be selective.

Big Rock Moto is currently my favourite YouTube review as he does an in-depth review after riding the bike on and off road and long term review especially on bikes he has purchased.

It is advertorial and fully sponsored by the bike brands but the alternative is nothing Canadian.

I look especially if it is showcasing a bike I am interested in. The PVR allows you to be selective.

Big Rock Moto is currently my favourite YouTube review as he does an in-depth review after riding the bike on and off road and long term review especially on bikes he has purchased.

These days, I'm watching/reading more owner reviews on Facebook and YouTube. You get to hone in on the reviews from the owners who ride like you do. I'm not going to be very interested in reading an Adventure bike review from a guy who never takes it off the pavement. Conversely, I'm not going to believe Pol Tarres when he says that a Goldwing makes for great dual sport bike, even after he demonstrates wheelying said Goldwing up a 20-ft vertical cliff face.

Owner reviews are great because if you've spent your hard-earned money for a bike, you'd tend to be more critical about what you paid for vs some presenter who gets handed a new motorcycle every 7 days, then has to find good things to say about it for fear of biting the hand that... well, hands out new bikes to you every week.

Tell me what the design flaws are on your bike? What parts wore down or broke on your bike, how many miles did it last for, how much does it cost to fix or maintain? What is the parts availability/lead time for ordering like? All the information that a guy that rides a bike for only 7 days is not going to be able to tell you.

Sure, some owners tend to be fanboys and gloss over the negatives while over-playing the positives, but just like the fanboys here on GTAM, those become very apparent, very quickly.

I like that Big Rock Moto does do reviews of the bikes he's bought personally, but what I like more are his, "Why I sold my xxx". Those are often more revealing than the initial impressions when you're in the honeymoon period with your new moto.

Whenever I hear criticisms about a motorcycle, I can decide for myself whether the criticisms are important to me or not: "Seat height is too tall!" Nope, don't care about that. "Bike is too heavy and carries all its weight up top". Yep, that I *do* care about... If all you can tell me are the good things about your bike, that's not that useful to me.

I do like watching instructional videos more than reviews though. I like Bret Tkacs and MotoTrek, good content and production values and very engaging hosts with obvious real-world experience.

Last edited:
I just got slagged elsewhere for expressing an unflattering opinion about the show.
This time I'll ask more carefully, does it serve any purpose other than free (to TSN) filler between episodes of celebrity poker?
I've always found Hatch unwatchable dross.

Yeah, it has become one of my favourite YouTubers in the sense of reviewing a bike.

It might be because he mainly said good things about the motorcycle I was planning to buy. Regardless of that, I think his content is fairly complete, and impartial to some extent. I like that he gives metric and imperial measurements.

The show has been around for a long time so have been PVR'ing it to catch and watch the better parts of each show . I've learned a lot about Prince Edward county too..

I am impressed on how they are able to scoop up the new models for tests when all Bike showrooms are empty these days.

Motoring TV is now history and this one will soon go too I predict with a recession forthcoming.

I watch and enjoy this show.

I like the brief bike reviews because I like to see what's new, even though I'm not purchasing. The travel segments are interesting because they go places I'll never get to, or have never thought to go. It's in its 33rd year, so apparently I'm not the only one watching.

I just went to the website and watched some snippets of a few of their episodes.

Seems geared towards newer riders. A lot of the bike reviews are just reading off the spec sheet that the manufacturer supplies with the demo bike.

Production quality seems a bit low. Especially compared to a lot of YouTube content.

Not something I would watch, myself. But I'm sure somebody, somewhere out there would find it interesting.

*shrug*

you should have your own motorcycle tv/youtube show (like a real one with a few mil subs) - that would have been one of the best ones (better than Itchy Boots I am sure lol)... I know I'd watch it :)

If it's on TV it has to cover the entire spectrum of viewers so covers the entire spectrum of information. A tidbit for the newbies, a tidbit for the special interest types, a tidbit for the wanna bees, a tidbit for the "Used to do that" crowd. There's a tidbit for those already in the know but it became old hat before the program aired.

you should have your own motorcycle tv/youtube show (like a real one with a few mil subs) - that would have been one of the best ones (better than Itchy Boots I am sure lol)... I know I'd watch it :)

Thanks Alex, you're too kind. But you've met me in person, so you know I've got a face that's perfect for radio and a voice that's better suited for print...

I'll leave the on-camera stuff to better-looking people.

A GTAM motorcycle talk show could be funny. The guests would probably need to be checked for weapons beforehand though

Back
Top Bottom