MotoGP 2018 | Page 104 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

Server is back up, working on uploading the rest of the race, etc.

Server timestamp is 05:08 approx for start of MotoGP race event.

To resume where the race cut off timestamp will be 06:02/06:03 ish (14 laps to go).

I'll let you know when it's all finished uploading.

Well done, dude! I hope everyone here realizes the hardwork behind the scenes, I was wondering if anyone wants to setup the G-Drive links again, the old ones seem to be lockedout or expired.

I have links to healthy torrents if needed.

Ok, race has finished uploading in 1080p, 720p and 360p.

Timestamps so far:
05:08 MotoGP race event start
06:02 Where race cut off originally (14 laps to go)
06:53 After the flag
07:17 Post-Race Press Conference

Last edited:
All video has been uploaded! I apologize if there's any errors, running on very little sleep.

I can't guarantee the server won't go down again. 844 people had the HLS player open when they rebooted the server, and the HLS player tries to buffer 3 minutes, so 844 people pulling 3 minutes of video instantly caused it to go down right away again.

I sent an official complaint to the owner of the server company. The reason I bought a super expensive server plan with a SSD was to handle lots of customers at the same time, and after they moved it from Montreal to Texas, it's just not able to handle it. Hopefully we can come up for a better solution for the rest of the year.

He turned the server back on and said it shouldn't go down again "today" lol :(

Once again, my sincere apologies.

All video has been uploaded! I apologize if there's any errors, running on very little sleep.

I can't guarantee the server won't go down again. 844 people had the HLS player open when they rebooted the server, and the HLS player tries to buffer 3 minutes, so 844 people pulling 3 minutes of video instantly caused it to go down right away again.

I sent an official complaint to the owner of the server company. The reason I bought a super expensive server plan with a SSD was to handle lots of customers at the same time, and after they moved it from Montreal to Texas, it's just not able to handle it. Hopefully we can come up for a better solution for the rest of the year.

He turned the server back on and said it shouldn't go down again "today" lol :(

Once again, my sincere apologies.

Dude, no need to apologize! Thank you for the effort.

And, BTW, what a race!!!! And yeah, MotoE is actually pretty awesome! ?

Ok folks, great news! I've purchased a new server with a new company and it's back in Montreal! I've been doing lots of testing over the weekend and the speeds look flawless, even to overseas destinations!

Specs are super nice:

6 dedicated CPU Cores (old server only had 4 shared cores before)
10GB RAM (old server had 8GB)
200GB nVME SSD Disk Space (old server had 80GB plain SSD)
10TB Bandwidth on dedicated 1gbps port (old server only had 8TB bandwidth but on shared/non-dedicated 10gbps port)

With the 200GB of storage I should be able to fit the entire weekend on the server in 1080p, 720p and 360p so won't have to wipe it before quali/race, etc.

With the 1gbps dedicated internet connection I could handle 200 viewers at the same time (if they were all watching the 1080p stream, 400 if all watching the 720p, etc.). Hopefully that's enough.

The absolutely beautiful thing about the new company is that their plan is super flexible. Say if we have three MotoGP races in one month, or two MotoGP and one WSBK. With the old plan if I ran out of 8TB bandwidth the server would stay down until the 1st of the next month when the bandwidth renewed. With the new company I can just top up the bandwidth for that one month, add a few extra TB to keep us going!! So nice.

I've setup a speedtest page on the server at /speedtest.html so you can see the speed and latency between you and the server (and even calculates the physical distance you are from the server)! When you run the test you're looking for the download speed. You need 6mbps for 1080p, 3.5mbps for 720p and 1.5mbps for 360pHQ (assuming nobody else in your house is using the internet during race time).

So awesome. Can't wait to run it in anger on a MotoGP race weekend. WSBK race this weekend but it's not nearly as popular as MotoGP :)

Code:
## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
Yet-Another-Bench-Script
v2020-06-20
https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script
## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
Mon 27 Jul 2020 06:21:32 PM CEST

Basic System Information:
Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
CPU cores : 6 @ 2599.998 MHz
AES-NI :  Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V :  Enabled
RAM : 9.5Gi
Swap : 1.0Gi
Disk : 196G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size    4k (IOPS)    64k (IOPS)
Read    223.59 MB/s (55.8k)    2.61 GB/s (40.8k)
Write    224.18 MB/s (56.0k)    2.62 GB/s (41.0k)
Total    447.77 MB/s (111.9k)    5.23 GB/s (81.8k)
Block Size    512k (IOPS)    1m (IOPS)
------    --- ----    ---- ----
Read    2.29 GB/s (4.4k)    1.54 GB/s (1.5k)
Write    2.41 GB/s (4.7k)    1.64 GB/s (1.6k)
Total    4.71 GB/s (9.2k)    3.18 GB/s (3.1k)
iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
| | |
Bouygues Telecom | Paris, FR (10G) | 480 Mbits/sec | 283 Mbits/sec
Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 590 Mbits/sec | 236 Mbits/sec
WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
wilhelm.tel | Hamburg, DE (10G) | 505 Mbits/sec | 134 Mbits/sec
Biznet | Bogor, Indonesia (1G) | 348 Mbits/sec | 21.6 Mbits/sec
Hostkey | Moscow, RU (1G) | 604 Mbits/sec | 491 Mbits/sec
Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 896 Mbits/sec | 652 Mbits/sec
Airstream Comms | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G) | 908 Mbits/sec | 332 Mbits/sec
Hurricane Electric | Fremont, CA, US (10G) | 892 Mbits/sec | 308 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test | Value
|
Single Core | 544
Multi Core | 3076
Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3078313

Awesome stuff!!!
Thanks again so much for doing all of this for us.

Will WSBK be available this weekend?

This is awesome, man!
Best regards from 5960 km away ?
Damn, so far away! What were your speed numbers? :)

Awesome stuff!!!
Thanks again so much for doing all of this for us.

Will WSBK be available this weekend?
For sure WSBK will be available. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to stream live but I'll get it up as fast as I can!

Edit: And I just checked and WSBK is streaming in 1080p and also 50fps finally! Woot :D

I have a test up for WSBK if you'd like to test it before the event this weekend, links are:

1080p: /LiveWSBK/index.m3u8
720p: /LiveWSBK720/index.m3u8
360pHQ: /LiveWSBK360/index.m3u8

Notice no "/mystream/"!

WSBK Timestamps:
ROUND 01 - Australian Round - 28 FEB - 01 MAR
hr:min
00:00 - WSBK Race 1
01:24 - Superpole Race
02:10 - WSBK Race 2

Last edited:
Damn, so far away! What were your speed numbers? :)

For sure WSBK will be available. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to stream live but I'll get it up as fast as I can!

Edit: And I just checked and WSBK is streaming in 1080p and also 50fps finally! Woot :D

Awesome, you rule!!!

Back
Top Bottom