MotoGP 2017 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

Just purchased tickets for Circuit of Americas. Anyone else going?

Went 2 years ago. T6 was our preferred viewing spot. You can see them come down from T1 until they disappear at T7 and you can partially see them on the back straight.

Thanks for the tip bakaboy.
Any other suggestions for the trip? Gonna be there from April 20th-24th. Considering a Texas Rangers game.

Thanks for the tip bakaboy.
Any other suggestions for the trip? Gonna be there from April 20th-24th. Considering a Texas Rangers game.

For BBQ you need to go the Salt Lick. It's a short drive but worth it. Big parking lot. Long lines but you can just get a bucket of beer and enjoy your wait.

You like traditional Mexican food (ie how do you like your beans?). A couple of really good places close to airport hotels even though you would think twice when you pull up out front.

Alamo and the fort and river walk are a short drive away.

Where are you staying?

I assume that you have a car rental?

The beer carts out by T6 to T10 had cheaper beer.

Take a backpack with 1 litre water bottles in it. They have free water refill stations and they won't object to the backpack with the water bottles.

We were worried about folding chairs as they had warned you that they wouldn't be allowed. We went to Walmart and bought the cheapest folding ones and left them behind after the 3rd day. Nobody blinked with them going in and out everyday.

Stick around after the last race on Sunday as you can enter the track up by T1 and walk down the hill to the S/F line. Very cool to see and feel the height of that hill.

Lots of walking.

Traffic in and out is a little tough but nothing really in the end.

We didn't do the pit passes but had concluded if we ever went again that we would. The only time that I have gone into the pits was at the 8 hour Suzuka race and quite enjoyed it.

Yes, getting a rental and will be staying at Super 8 Austin University Downtown Area.

Will be sure to check out the BBQ and mexican places you suggested. Def wanna get a big ol steak in TEXAS.
I will be sure to use your tips. I've been to one other MotoGP race in Indy a few years ago. Didn't get the pit passes...maybe next time, or if I change my mind and upgrade once I get there.

Thanks again for the info

Looks like Ducati hit the ground running with their new wingless bike
16266355_1387783304606120_1978070564146646834_n.jpg

Wait...

Rumour is, they have a fairing that will create downforce and still be within the new rules, but to keep anyone from seeing it they are just going to test with the wings and not reveal it until Qatar.

Testing to set up benchmarks for comparison...
I know I know, just teasing!

Rumour is, they have a fairing that will create downforce and still be within the new rules, but to keep anyone from seeing it they are just going to test with the wings and not reveal it until Qatar.
So don't test the thing your bike needs to work during testing, and hope it works when you show up at Round 1? Seems likely.

So don't test the thing your bike needs to work during testing, and hope it works when you show up at Round 1? Seems likely.

VW/Audi money suggest they probably have access to a wind tunnel. Not hard to ascertain how many pounds of downforce the new fairing makes relative to whatever wing setup you like. Maths my friend; this isn't grassroots racing were talking about. That and it's exactly what they did in the year they first introduced the wings, so....

The VideoPass now streams at 1080p50! Not working too well with my capture setup or live streaming but I'll work on it. Should be live up on the MontealSSD server.

MotoGP 2017 - Pre-Season MotoGP Test Day 1 - Sepang 1080p50 IS NOW STREAMING LIVE!

If you miss the start you should be able to rewind right to the beginning.

I'll be 12 hours or so before the direct download and torrent are available.

Must drive Ducati nuts that Stoner refuses to race. Love to know how much money has been offered to him behind closed doors to try and get him back on the bike full-time.

Must drive Ducati nuts that Stoner refuses to race. Love to know how much money has been offered to him behind closed doors to try and get him back on the bike full-time.

What about the riders? Some dude on permanent vacation strolls in a few times a year and makes them all look silly.

Back
Top Bottom