MotoGP 2017 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

He has still come in second in the champion the last 3 years in a row
Yes, but that seemed to have more to do with consistency and good fortune, than dominance (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I don't think there are many people that believe he is the best rider on the track anymore. I'm a huge Rossi fan, but I'd put at least 3 riders ahead of him now, maybe more, but it's hard to properly evaluate other riders when their equipment is not equal. It will be interesting to see how Maverick stacks up against Rossi.

This past season he was the fastest rider, had bad luck with crashes and the motor blowing once hence why he didn't win but he was the best rider period.
Yes, but that seemed to have more to do with consistency and good fortune, than dominance (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I don't think there are many people that believe he is the best rider on the track anymore. I'm a huge Rossi fan, but I'd put at least 3 riders ahead of him now, maybe more, but it's hard to properly evaluate other riders when their equipment is not equal. It will be interesting to see how Maverick stacks up against Rossi.

Yes, but that seemed to have more to do with consistency....but I'd put at least 3 riders ahead of him now, maybe more,

So he's consistent enough to finish 2nd for 3 years in a row but there's 3 riders ahead of him? Wouldn't of that made him 4th at least one of those years?

:p

So he's consistent enough to finish 2nd for 3 years in a row but there's 3 riders ahead of him? Wouldn't of that made him 4th at least one of those years?

:p
No, because that would require them to all have a good year in the same year, but stuff happens.

I would put both Marquez and Lorenzo ahead of him. Rossi is still my favourite rider, but I don't think anyone is worried about him getting to the front a riding off into the distance anymore like they are with Lorenzo and Marquez. He's still good, but not dominant. In general, his consistency really helps, but he hasn't won a championship in 7 years.

I don't think anyone is worried about him getting to the front a riding off into the distance anymore like they are with Lorenzo and Marquez.

That was never his style. Rossi in his heyday was stalk-and-pounce, like a cat playing with an injured mouse. He'd sit himself comfortably behind the leader and toy with him the entire race, showing him a wheel here and there, forcing them to make a mistake. And even if they didn't, he'd make that thrilling last lap overtake anyway, just to give the fans a show. Apart from his entertainer-personality, *that* is the real reason why racing fans love Rossi.

No, because that would require them to all have a good year in the same year, but stuff happens.

Stuff happens, like them not being as consistent as someone else thus making them not good enough to finish the year with more points haha.

I'm just messing with you since you're clearly contradicting yourself. I don't really care and like watching them all...even Lorenzo and I can't stand Lorenzo.

MotoGP 2017 - Off Season Show ep.1-7, 2017 Movistar Yamaha Team Presentation - 720p and TORRENT up in the first post :)

Leaked photo of Lorenzo's bike. Looks like some aero trickery going on with those side fairings thanks to the winglet ban.
kOVOsj9.jpg

MotoGP 2017 - Off Season Show ep. 8, 2017 Ducati Team Presentation - 720p and TORRENT up in first post!
The most bla boring lack of imagination fake presentation.... Lorenzo will fit just right

Leaked photo of Lorenzo's bike. Looks like some aero trickery going on with those side fairings thanks to the winglet ban.
kOVOsj9.jpg

I think if you look closely, you'll see this is just a wingless GP 16 fairing; multiple reports that we won't see the real 2017 fairing until first practice at Qatar, which is consistent with what they did introducing wings

2016-ducati-desmosedici-gp16-picture-galore_12.jpg

Last edited:
Ducati promising more power for the GP17. Wow. They already had more than everyone else. Hope they can get the traction control electronics to be able to tame it as necessary.

On another note, Ducati also hinting at a V4 for World Superbike in 2019. Makes me hope for a 2018 v4 release... and then crossover models for 2020, which will make a splendid 50th birthday present for myself... hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom