more tech we don't need | GTAMotorcycle.com

more tech we don't need

Freddy F

Site Supporter
Today I received a new Philips shaver (an AirMiles Reward gift for myself). Turns out this thing has the ability to tell you how to improve your shaving. It monitors the movements of the shaver on your face and on an ongoing basis will show you how well you're doing on the handle with an indicator. It will also Bluetooth to your phone and send ongoing "shaving technique" data to a Philips shaving app on your phone. It also has a cleaning pod with a liquid solution that you place it in for a monthly cleaning. OK that part is OK.
I did have to shake my head when I opened the box and saw a card encouraging me to download the Philips Shaving App. What's next, pooping apps that improve your technique?
I normally use a 2-blade disposable razor. No problems whatsoever.
So am I turning into an old curmudgeon or is this new pinnacle of shaving technology something that anyone would enjoy?

Today I received a new Philips shaver (an AirMiles Reward gift for myself). Turns out this thing has the ability to tell you how to improve your shaving. It monitors the movements of the shaver on your face and on an ongoing basis will show you how well you're doing on the handle with an indicator. It will also Bluetooth to your phone and send ongoing "shaving technique" data to a Philips shaving app on your phone. It also has a cleaning pod with a liquid solution that you place it in for a monthly cleaning. OK that part is OK.
I did have to shake my head when I opened the box and saw a card encouraging me to download the Philips Shaving App. What's next, pooping apps that improve your technique?
So am I turning into an old curmudgeon or is this new pinnacle of shaving technology something that anyone would enjoy?

Really?
My shaver does NOT need to be connected to my phone! LOL

As with everything else, they just want to track you. I would not be installing that app.

Cleaning solution is nice and the razor cuts a bit better after. Well, that's my experience with Braun. I have used them for decades. At one point I tried philips and hated it so I bought another braun.

Nice and simple disposable razor for me. Less tech isn’t a bad thing sometimes.
I'm lazy and dry shave 99% of the time. While I can dry shave with a disposable it takes longer and razors dont last long. Normally use the braun to do most of the work and then a quick pass with a disposable to finish the job.

Trying Harry's now. Last three blade I used clogged up half way through the shave, and there was no way to clear it.
I liked it better when I was 20, and could shave once a month.

Nice and simple disposable razor for me. Less tech isn’t a bad thing sometimes.
In this case, less tech is good!
Try the old fashioned single blade DE razor, it works just as good if not better than the more expensive five-blade tilt head razor.
Electric is convenient, the end result does not match that of a blade razor.
Though, this whole thing is subjective, each one has different skin and beard

Nope you have just realized what this is, just another marketing ploy. Just like how Tide is "new" every year. Trying to sell you more crap.

Try the old fashioned single blade DE razor, it works just as good if not better than the more expensive five-blade tilt head razor.
I love the triple razor to shave my head….I buy a few packs at a time as eventually they’ll stop selling them. Love them. Better than 1-2-4-5 razor combos that I’ve tried.

Inquiring minds want to know... how did the app score your shave?

Came here to say this, I've been using a DE razor for a few years now and love it. Get the same or better shave than any multi-blade razor I have tried. Also blades cost 10c each so I feel zero need to try and extend the use of an old blade.

Electric has never worked well for me, always get irritation and far from a close shave.

Came here to say this, I've been using a DE razor for a few years now and love it. Get the same or better shave than any multi-blade razor I have tried. Also blades cost 10c each so I feel zero need to try and extend the use of an old blade.

Electric has never worked well for me, always get irritation and far from a close shave.
@regder Where do you get 10c blades?

Only time I used a single blade is when I thought it'd be cool to try and shape my beard more accurately...all it did was get me all cut up and such. Tried it a few times, and both razors haven't been touched in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom