More authoritarianism Bill C-63 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More authoritarianism Bill C-63

I just find in some peoples eyes, Trudy can do no wrong. Same with doug. After doug reversing the greenspace deal might have changed some peoples opinion

I think people ( the ones smart enough to understand) are not loosing thier mind because they are just tired and feel beat down with govt crap that NEVER ends . I’d just like to live north on a lake , maybe no wifi for weeks at a time , then go south and fish for dinner. I just tired of it .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I just find in some peoples eyes, Trudy can do no wrong. Same with doug. After doug reversing the greenspace deal might have changed some peoples opinion

Of course he does wrong…he’s a politician. What you have to balance is what you think the other guy would do and see which, on balance, is the less ****** **** sandwich.

Of course he does wrong…he’s a politician. What you have to balance is what you think the other guy would do and see which, on balance, is the less ****** **** sandwich.
Why i said some peoples eyes

I’d just like to live north on a lake , maybe no wifi for weeks at a time , then go south and fish for dinner. I just tired of it .

This is the reason I posted my thread a few weeks ago questioning why we have so many political threads on a motorcycle forum.

GTAM was kind of my metaphorical "cabin on a lake with no wifi" when it came to avoiding all the usual endless political content. One could come here and expect the majority of the discussion to be motorycle related, so one could keep their mind on silly motorcycle stuff and off of the real world. It was like sitting around a campfire with a few other riders, talking motorcycles, and Trudeau or Poilevre or Trump or any other political BS was simply not to be mentioned, because we can talk about motorcycle stuff instead, so why would we want to fight about politics?

Anyhow, back to arguing about Trudeau vs Poilevre. :cautious:

Last edited:
I wish people got this irate when Doug Ford does stupid and illegal things. Instead, he gets rewarded with a second term.
Roll the Trudeau montage? :LOL:

Cause we're not all living a right wing echo chamber?
Defending this bill not only makes a person desperately stupid, but also a terrible person. This has nothing to do with the right wing and everything to do with pre-crime and monetised incentives to turn your fellow man in for crimes of free speech.

Defending this bill not only makes a person desperately stupid, but also a terrible person. This has nothing to do with the right wing and everything to do with pre-crime and monetised incentives to turn your fellow man in.
It would seem that fighting against this bill makes a person desperately rude and forces them to sink to the level of name calling. Guess we just can't win.

It's funny that people don't understand the pendulum swings and eventually bills like this may be interpreted differently and used by the opposing side.

This is the reason I posted my thread a few weeks ago questioning why we have so many political threads on a motorcycle forum.

GTAM was kind of my metaphorical "cabin on a lake with no wifi" when it came to avoiding all the usual endless political content. One could come here and expect the majority of the discussion to be motorycle related, so one could keep their mind on silly motorcycle stuff and off of the real world. It was like sitting around a campfire with a few other riders, talking motorcycles, and Trudeau or Poilevre or Trump or any other political BS was simply not to be mentioned, because we can talk about motorcycle stuff instead, so why would we want to fight about politics?

This is the Romper Room section of the forum. By definition, nothing to do with motorcycles. If the subject matters here irritates or frustrates you then then just ignore it, don't click on it. But you are here, so it must interest you to some extent.

Anyway..........., back to Bill C- 63. Trudeau and his gang of clowns are likely in the last 18 months of their mandate and things are not looking good for them. IMO, Canadians are in the same position as Americans in that we have an election coming up and 2 terrible candidates to pick from. JT is in the same position as Wynne was in 2018. Hated, time for a change and voters might well hold their nose and vote for a guy like Skippy. Pathetic, but it is what it is.

C- 63 is like much of what Trudeau's government does. Poor conceived and poorly written. Some of the Bill's intents are good, but there is significant overreach and I'd be concerned that our proven incompetent civil service would screw up the administration of the Bill.

Make no mistake, there is some foul stuff on the internet and there is also some very hurtful harassment of people being done through social media, but I have little confidence in a JT government (any government in fact) being able to properly address this.

Does regurgitating non-sense you read on some site count as "going ape ****"..?
The only nonsense here is you claiming that it's nonsense. The bill is clear and I've now heard three different lawyers walk through the bill. It is exactly as I described it. I've also read the take of Peter Menzies and Michael Geist, among others.

You saying it's not means nothing: quote sources because I have mine in line.

I'll say it again, defending this bill is desperately stupid. This is authoritarianism writ large. And speaking of large, it will once more balloon the government employee list.

Nah, you claim I don't have sources, I named two already. I'm not your librarian, and you're on the wrong side of logic and history here.

You haven't pointed out a single thing that's wrong and we both know why.

i think you have to ask whether GtAM is a place for discussing motorcycles, or a place where the community of motocyclists come to discuss life.

Quite frankly it’s the latter. There just isn’t enough motorcycle only stuff to talk about to make a forum like this viable.

Posted this elsewhere:

i think you have to ask whether GtAM is a place for discussing motorcycles, or a place where the community of motocyclists come to discuss life.

Quite frankly it’s the latter. There just isn’t enough motorcycle only stuff to talk about to make a forum like this viable.
Disagree. The great people here can simply choose better discussions.
How full is the cup?

Back
Top Bottom