Misti here saying hello!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Misti here saying hello!!!

Misti

Hi there,

My name is Misti and I'm an ex Canadian Nationals and AMA racer, current coach with the California Superbike School, mom of two little ones and writer for Motorcycle Mojo Magazine. Just stumbled upon this site and thought I would say hello :) I was born in ON and enjoyed my time racing at a few of the tracks there when I was racing. Being a mom of two kids, 3 and 8 months means that I don't get to ride as much as I'd like but I manage the occasional day here and there. In my free time (what little there is) I enjoy checking out various forums and having good discussions about riding skills, techniques, track days and racing.

:)

Misti

Hi there,

My name is Misti and I'm an ex Canadian Nationals and AMA racer, current coach with the California Superbike School, mom of two little ones and writer for Motorcycle Mojo Magazine. Just stumbled upon this site and thought I would say hello :) I was born in ON and enjoyed my time racing at a few of the tracks there when I was racing. Being a mom of two kids, 3 and 8 months means that I don't get to ride as much as I'd like but I manage the occasional day here and there. In my free time (what little there is) I enjoy checking out various forums and having good discussions about riding skills, techniques, track days and racing.

:)

Misti

Whooah, ur a distinguised rider lol.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you have a good time here!

Welcome to the site!:smilebox:

Welcome!! It's cool to have a bonafide pro rider around.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Hi welcome!
Would be nice of you to refer us to some nice reading once on a while :) ... I hope you enjoy the forum

Welcome, congratulations on your achievements and your kids.

Welcome to GTAM Misti. Recognise you from the FZ6 forum, and you are one hullava valuable contributor. Hope to hear a lot from you here.

Q: How does an amateur track rider detect/control the limit of adhesion on the front tire before wiping out?

Welcome to GTAM Misti. Recognise you from the FZ6 forum, and you are one hullava valuable contributor. Hope to hear a lot from you here.

Q: How does an amateur track rider detect/control the limit of adhesion on the front tire before wiping out?

A: that is a tough question ;) Sometimes you can feel the front tire pushing or slipping a little bit and that lets you know that you are on the edge of traction and that you need to change something up before ending up on the ground. Other times you just suddenly end up on the ground and that is and indication that you need to change something before having it happen again. There are a lot of things that can push the limits of front tire traction and the most common one is mid corner braking or trail braking deep into the turns. Getting on the brakes or being on the brakes while turning will transfer too much weight to the front tire (which is only designed to handle a portion of the cornering load.) Amateur riders need to learn how to balance that weight transfer with proper use of braking and throttle control.

So, I'd start by making sure that the amateur track rider understood what good throttle control is all about first and then looking at all the other things that can have an effect on available front tire traction...... :)

So, what does "good throttle control" really mean?

Hey Misti, welcome and already being awesome!. Got some pics of you @ the track? Throttle control I believe means smooth rolling on/off, and nothing that could upset the chassis whilst in a lean when its matters the most. I think.

Welcome... I enjoy the magazine and your articles.

A: that is a tough question ;) Sometimes you can feel the front tire pushing or slipping a little bit and that lets you know that you are on the edge of traction and that you need to change something up before ending up on the ground. Other times you just suddenly end up on the ground and that is and indication that you need to change something before having it happen again. There are a lot of things that can push the limits of front tire traction and the most common one is mid corner braking or trail braking deep into the turns. Getting on the brakes or being on the brakes while turning will transfer too much weight to the front tire (which is only designed to handle a portion of the cornering load.) Amateur riders need to learn how to balance that weight transfer with proper use of braking and throttle control.

So, I'd start by making sure that the amateur track rider understood what good throttle control is all about first and then looking at all the other things that can have an effect on available front tire traction...... :)

So, what does "good throttle control" really mean?

great tip thankyou and welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom