Mercedes Pick-Up Truck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mercedes Pick-Up Truck

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
So I was at the grocery store today and I parked beside a small pick-up truck. I thought it was a Ranger or something, then I saw some Mercedes badging on it. I thought, "OMG, how lame, someone put Merc badges on a Ranger!"

But then on closer inspection, I noticed it was a real Mercedes-Benz! An X-Class. I have never heard of this before! This one was the V6 3L turbo-diesel (350d):

9jlrub.jpg

The bed is tiny, only comes in one size - 5 feet.

As I was taking pictures, the owner comes out. He is the general manager for the MB dealer in town and he invited me to test drive it. Cool! Going next week to try it out. Will post more pics.

2evuipe.jpg

I'm sure it's VERY nice.But it looks like a Honda Ridgeline. (NOT a truck!)
abd7363583c6ec1d49af04aa8146dfe8.jpg

Country limousine for going to the dump in style ;)
you can put the garbage in the back and not stink up the cab.

I think it's based on a Nissan Frontier.

Which isn't a good thing...

It’s been here for a bit. I saw my buddy driving a loaded up one probably a month ago. Looks really good and I’m usually not a fan of the smaller Mercedes product lines.
!

Oooooo I just noticed the dent in the rear bumper :| that's going to make a mess of their expensive rear collision sensors which apparently are zero benefit to have on there.

It's based off a Nissan - not sure if it's the Frontier or other Euro model.
They had one the Grand Tour (Amazon's version of Top Gear using Top Gear's former presenters) in a small truck comparison (VW Amarok, Ford Ranger and the Mercedes).

I'm sure it's VERY nice.But it looks like a Honda Ridgeline. (NOT a truck!)
abd7363583c6ec1d49af04aa8146dfe8.jpg

That's my TRUCK, or 1 exactly like it. It says TRUCK on the ownership Ric, lol.
Probably the best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Love it.
And unlike the benz, I didn't bend the bumper when I fell asleep and backed it up into my house. The bumper is made from some durable ****.

This might be something v dub fans will enjoy.
Will there be 1 in FMJ's garage soon?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190415-114936.jpg
    Screenshot_20190415-114936.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 42
So I was at the grocery store today and I parked beside a small pick-up truck. I thought it was a Ranger or something, then I saw some Mercedes badging on it. I thought, "OMG, how lame, someone put Merc badges on a Ranger!"

But then on closer inspection, I noticed it was a real Mercedes-Benz! An X-Class. I have never heard of this before! This one was the V6 3L turbo-diesel (350d):

9jlrub.jpg

The bed is tiny, only comes in one size - 5 feet.

As I was taking pictures, the owner comes out. He is the general manager for the MB dealer in town and he invited me to test drive it. Cool! Going next week to try it out. Will post more pics.

2evuipe.jpg
The Diesel motor is a bonus ,but the rest is meehhh!

City slicker, you never put manure in a pickup truck you put it into a manure spreader and pull that behind a tractor.

Damn, does look like the Ranger.
@Lightcycle how was the test ride?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The X-class was Nissan underneath, but it's based on the next generation beyond the Frontier that continues to be sold in North America. Apparently Nissan has an assembly plant in Spain, which also built the X-class. The markets that got the X-class also got the next-generation Frontier, which evidently prompted customers to ask what the point was of paying extra for the Mercedes badge. Seems that people are better at spotting badge-engineering than some manufacturers seem to think (see: VW Routan).

Back
Top Bottom