Magic in Winnipeg... featuring me! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Magic in Winnipeg... featuring me!

mystifier

Site Supporter
Some of you know- along with motorcycles, performing illusions is something I love doing. I perform at corporate and private events all over the GTA. I was in Winnipeg this last week on business and somehow found myself on Global News Winnipeg... Now I didn't have much 'magic' stuff to perform so we improvised...

Enjoy!
Durgy
www.DurgySpade.com

[video=youtube;gnaEGBggVfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnaEGBggVfk&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1 [/video]

Good stuff

I think tonite, when I have more free time, I will watch that video over and over again until I see when he slips the card in. I expect that to be very satisfying if successful.

edit, oh heck, I say 4:35

Last edited:
Nice!

Lol @ 4:12, (with the card in plain sight) just move that aside, I don't want to touch it
@ 4:35, allow me to play with the card under a newspaper.

What happens if the participant says, "let's use my own deck - red bicycle cards!"?

Glad you guys enjoyed it! I have to admit, I'm slightly chuckling. I thought the method might be transparent, and although great guesses above- that is not close to what happen. It's unfortunate the card was covered by the newspaper when Derek started opening the newspaper- and unfortunately you can't go back and change something like that on live television either- but I assure you the card that he landed on was the card that was eventually flipped over.

In fact, the method mentioned above - trying to switch the card undercover of the newspaper seems wayyyy more difficult to pull of than what I actually did. Also he would have noticed!

Nonethless, I'll play along. If someone posts the exact, CORRECT method I used- I'll admit to it :) (hint: it wasn't black magic)

Glad you guys enjoyed it! I have to admit, I'm slightly chuckling. I thought the method might be transparent, and although great guesses above- that is not close to what happen. It's unfortunate the card was covered by the newspaper when Derek started opening the newspaper- and unfortunately you can't go back and change something like that on live television either- but I assure you the card that he landed on was the card that was eventually flipped over.

In fact, the method mentioned above - trying to switch the card undercover of the newspaper seems wayyyy more difficult to pull of than what I actually did. Also he would have noticed!

Nonethless, I'll play along. If someone posts the exact, CORRECT method I used- I'll admit to it :) (hint: it wasn't black magic)

Are you really gonna admit? That messes up your credibility lol

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I have to admit I'm slightly chuckling too. Why would you think the method might be transparent? And if we're not even close why are the guesses great?:confused2:

Nice

BTW he didnt slip the card, just kept track of it :)

I have to admit I'm slightly chuckling too. Why would you think the method might be transparent? And if we're not even close why are the guesses great?:confused2:

The problem with being a magician is when you've done it for a long time, many things seem to be transparent when they might not actually be. I was really second guessing myself on this one. The reason I said they were great guesses is because I had never thought of performing it that way. There's always more than one way to do a trick (er...skin a cat?) So by guessing different methods, you actually give me insight on how to do the exact same trick, in a different way...

The problem with being a magician is when you've done it for a long time, many things seem to be transparent when they might not actually be. I was really second guessing myself on this one. The reason I said they were great guesses is because I had never thought of performing it that way. There's always more than one way to do a trick (er...skin a cat?) So by guessing different methods, you actually give me insight on how to do the exact same trick, in a different way...

Since magic isn't real, you can't be a magician, you're an illusionist.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

if it's truly a sealed pack, he couldn't keep track of it. In that case the only way is to slip the right card in towards the end of the trick....around the 3:30 mark as he counts off the #.

Back
Top Bottom