lube for moving parts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

lube for moving parts?

JMH600CBR

i know that any moving parts including my pegs and rear seat need to be lubricated much like a car doors hinges to avoid rusting but what kind of lube? something that won't corrode like a WD40 right? i'd like to do a full tune for my bike but what do i lube?

use chain lube, with the red hose, you can direct the spray right where you need it.

oil is good, grease is better, but you need to disassemble pivot points for that. the chain lube finds it's way into where you want it without disassembly and will keep dirt and water out, just wipe off the excess over spray.

oil is good, grease is better, but you need to disassemble pivot points for that. the chain lube finds it's way into where you want it without disassembly and will keep dirt and water out, just wipe off the excess over spray.

thanks, i'll give it a try soon and report back. i'll be headed up to Z1 to get lube and filters for my honda very soon

I tend to use a bit of bearing grease when putting together things like brake levers.

I use white lithium from a spray can, same stuff that we used on cars @ a Nissan dealer.

If you can get your hands on some Wurth Flexi Film that's the stuff, nothing better.
Goes on clear like WD40 but stays we're you put it and has great anti corrosion and lubricating properties.

Last edited:
There are a lot of opinions on using WD-40 as a lubricant. It is not my preference. Its a penetrator, not a lubricant. Some use it on their chain, I do not and prefer a chain wax instead (although wax tends to be gunky, so you have to clean the chain more often). I prefer silicone based lubricants for things like cables and levers. Molybdenum disulphide grease (inexpensive at canadian tire) for needle bearings, rear links, swingarms, and ball bearings or any other part that supports weight.

If you can get your hands on some Wurth Flexi Film that's the stuff, nothing better.
Goes on clear like WD40 but stays we're you put it and has great anti corrosion and lubricating properties.

Are you sure that's what it's called? A Google search brings up nothing!

This stuff.
4ac609f0-95b8-ffb0.jpg
4ac609f0-95eb-e49e.jpg

I get it tho work.
This stuff is even better but has a color to it, it is actually copper in spray form. Looks like crap but is amazing.
4ac609f0-9653-a12d.jpg
4ac609f0-9671-d954.jpg

Thanks boooya! I'll find some of this to keep it on hand!

really? chain lube seems a little sticky and also expensive. or am i just being picky?

I don't like using chain lube, too sticky. Tends to stick to everything and pain in the rass when gets on your gear.

I use lithium grease for metal/metal contact or grease for heavy metal contact. Silicone lube for plastic/plastic contact

All got from Crappy Tire

Can anyone name specific brands at Canadian tire? I went there lastnight and don't remember seeing Wurth. I saw a "Chain Lube" spray can but looked pretty generic.

For the Ninja 250r, it says to look for lubes that work with chains that have o-rings.

I'd reccomend the Dupont Teflon multi purpose lube which is available at Lowes. I use it on my chain as well.

It goes on clear and isn't sticky so it won't collect dirt and such.

Back
Top Bottom