Looks like Ford...Got it done! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looks like Ford...Got it done!

Mad Mike

CBC just called it, looks like a strong mandate for Ford.

The first time a leader wins an election its because the people want change. Win again and the voters have confidence.

I'm surprised that the NDP did so well.

I'm surprised that the NDP did so well.
People want to believe in unicorns farting rainbows. Reality often sucks and most NDP voters would rather ostrich than face it.

FWIW, it looks like NDP will drop from 40 to 29 seats. That's a big pull back. Horwath should finally throw in the towel. Maybe their next leader will have some ability to face reality.

Last edited:
I’m going to disagree and say it’s that people didn’t want any serious upheaval after a ****** few years. Apathy is the name of the game.
What? All i saw for the last 2 years were people calling for his head.

What? All i saw for the last 2 years were people calling for his head.
See that’s the thing. Similar to Bernie in the US.

Groups hate Ford, and they want him gone…but they don’t actually show up to vote.

Bernie is a meme hero of the people…but the young generation doesn’t actually go to vote as they only care about it online…not reality.

Damn shame. At least the subway programs will keep going.

I’m going to disagree and say it’s that people didn’t want any serious upheaval after a ****** few years. Apathy is the name of the game.
I disagree. Look at the changes in the North... committing to restore train service and building/improving infrastructure got it done... in an area that's been Orange forever.

Horvath just quit.

I’m gonna get drunk and send a letter to both NDP and Liberals saying I’m their next leader.

Can’t be worse then either of the above. And looks like NDP have a spot for me.

See that’s the thing. Similar to Bernie in the US.

Groups hate Ford, and they want him gone…but they don’t actually show up to vote.

Bernie is a meme hero of the people…but the young generation doesn’t actually go to vote as they only care about it online…not reality.

Damn shame. At least the subway programs will keep going.
I think you just witnessed a siesmic shift in Ontario, maybe Canadian politics.

The Liberals and NDP were beaten do badly their leaders resigned.

I would suspect even Polievere might be rethinking his strategy after watching this.

Looks like Downey just got a jolt -- Barrie-S-O-M just turned blue with 1 poll to count.

I think you just witnessed a siesmic shift in Ontario, maybe Canadian politics.

The Liberals and NDP were beaten do badly their leaders resigned.

I would suspect even Polievere might be rethinking his strategy after watching this.
Both leaders For NDP and Liberals were so out of touch that I’m shocked their parties even let them run. Zero charisma, zero spark…nothing of substance.

I met Ford briefly earlier this year, and while I don’t like him as a politician or what he stands for…the mofo is likeable face to face. It threw me off considering how much I’m against him. I found myself thinking ‚maybe he’s not that bad’.

I mean he is…he is that bad. But he comes off as a buddy bud even though you know deep down he’s not.

There’s no seismic shift. Trudeau got in because no one wanted change at this time, Ford got in because no one wanted change at this time. That’s all there is to it.
83 seats is a crushing margin, that's more than double what the other parties collected.

I think the shift is happening. PCs are centering, forcing liberals to fight for and split the left with the NDP.

83 seats is a crushing margin, that's more than double what the other parties collected.

I think the shift is happening. PCs are centering, forcing liberals to fight for and split the left with the NDP.

Ok, I’ll predict that in 4 years time this swings just as wildly towards the liberals or a lib/NDP coalition. No one has the stomach for change right now. What’s voter turnout?

Back
Top Bottom