Loading ramps | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loading ramps

abkdt41

Hello

Anyone have loading ramps I could borrow for a weekend.

Want to load my motorcycle on to a truck

Located in Oakville

Please let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Like the one below
19f5f79d9eaee6feca1037684474bc72.jpg

If you can't find anything you can borrow mine which are designed for my diamondback truck bed cover - a little hard to use as a "normal" truck bed ramp, but they will work. As long as I get them back by mid-next week you can borrow them, I'm near Yorkdale Mall.

Here's what they look like: Ramps

What kind of bike are you trying to load? Using those short dirt bike style ramps isn't the best for street bikes. You will likely need to get the truck at the bottom of a hill and have the bike and start of the ramp on higher ground to kill off some of the angle of the ramp. Otherwise you're likely to bottom somewhere between the front and rear wheel, bike gets off balance and all of a sudden your bike is falling from the tailgate.

Probably the best bet is to rent a uhaul trailer for the day. Makes things a lot easier.

Also make sure you have two, one for you and one for the bike, and a couple of friends to help with the balance.
Finally, make sure that the ramps are firmly secured to the truck.

A friend used to use a couple of construction planks with a special lip on them.

That was after he'd had his Goldwing dropped off the back once by using a plain plank.

If you can't find anything you can borrow mine which are designed for my diamondback truck bed cover - a little hard to use as a "normal" truck bed ramp, but they will work. As long as I get them back by mid-next week you can borrow them, I'm near Yorkdale Mall.

Here's what they look like: Ramps
Thank you for the offer

Need them August 9, 10 & 11

What kind of bike are you trying to load? Using those short dirt bike style ramps isn't the best for street bikes. You will likely need to get the truck at the bottom of a hill and have the bike and start of the ramp on higher ground to kill off some of the angle of the ramp. Otherwise you're likely to bottom somewhere between the front and rear wheel, bike gets off balance and all of a sudden your bike is falling from the tailgate.

Probably the best bet is to rent a uhaul trailer for the day. Makes things a lot easier.
Yamaha wr250r

Don't have a vehicle with a tow bar unfortunately

Be sure to film the loading and unloading... motorcycle ramp videos are my favorite!

Is far safer and easier to load if you remove the tailgate first.

Most fails happen because the bike can't clear the angle where the ramp meets the pickup truck. If have to load into my truck,I'll put the front wheels of the truck up on ramps (if you don't have ramps, use a high curb).

I prefer the $14.95/day UHAUL MC trailers, way easier and the load/unload fail risk is mitigated.

Not on a short bed if the rear tire tests on the tailgate.

Yeah yeah, short bed = not a real truck...
A truck that is not big enough to carry a motorcycle? Ya, lol that's no truck that's make believe.

Back
Top Bottom