Lightest smallest bike available | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lightest smallest bike available

This guy still has a 2014 Grom for sale. It’s been on kijiji for a long time and kept popping up in my CB350 searches.

Not sure of price as he wanted $2500 for both bikes and has sold the CB350.

Weight is 229lbs for the 2019 model yr. so close to your 200lb target.

0476900b757eddfc90c08f52bf076741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But who wants to drive to Courtice to pick it up?

That Sachs madass may be a contender. You could probably strip 30lbs out of a Grom pretty fast. Anybodies 125/175 dual sport/enduro should suffice.

Actually since this is to go on the davits on a boat to maybe make beer/LCBO runs lets just cover boat cruising rule one. Have enough 'beverage' of choice on board before leaving home port to cross the Atlantic. Both ways. Then load some extra.

Honda/Kawi/Yamaha 125 would be on my shopping list

The Sachs is a solid choice, very light. @Morrisey on this forum has or did have one. Spoke pretty highly of it as a local runner.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

That Sachs madass may be a contender. You could probably strip 30lbs out of a Grom pretty fast. Anybodies 125/175 dual sport/enduro should suffice.

Actually since this is to go on the davits on a boat to maybe make beer/LCBO runs lets just cover boat cruising rule one. Have enough 'beverage' of choice on board before leaving home port to cross the Atlantic. Both ways. Then load some extra.

Honda/Kawi/Yamaha 125 would be on my shopping list

"Miss Nepal reviews her MadAss "

Say no more. LOL

...Actually since this is to go on the davits on a boat to maybe make beer/LCBO runs lets just cover boat cruising rule one. Have enough 'beverage' of choice on board before leaving home port to cross the Atlantic. Both ways. Then load some extra...
I follow that rule. I re-provision on the US side where selection and price are a substantially better.

what about an electric scooter? I rode around Bird ones in San diego, they're amazing, quick, fun, nimble, light, I see buying one in the future. My cousin bought one in UK to get around, they can go quick! Add a basket and get a kriega bag or something to haul goods.

254d787b-e419-470a-8390-4ad968530128.jpg

Have you considered a Tomos moped? They were popular here in the late 90's early 2000's. Would fit your needs. Or, you could try a Sachs MadAss 125. I had one for a few years and enjoyed it. 125cc, 4 speed, will go 100km/h in full tuck down hill, 200lbs wet and they are very narrow.

would you consider a Tomos moped "project"?? there is one sitting in my garage that sat outside for 3-5yrs. Needs much love. Good news is all parts are available on line and they are Eastern Europe cheap. Did i mention its dirt cheap??

I lost the option to reprovision the boat booze cupboard on the US side , the boat has its own Nexus number for easy in/out of US ports, but you dont mess with anything outside the rules if you value Nexus trusted traveller program. I miss the days of sailing into Youngstown NY and leaving with 2 cases of rum and 15 cases of rolling rock, liquor store at the top of the hill delivered to the docks. You sail past the US coast guard station exiting the niagara river, they just wave since your leaving.

I have a amg scooter you can have 50cc has 15kms on it. Was won in a contest then the owner left the country no ownership or paperwork.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

The Sachs is a solid choice, very light. @Morrisey on this forum has or did have one. Spoke pretty highly of it as a local runner.

I remember getting a couple of Sachs drives when I was a kid -- I think they were called Solos -- they mounted to the front forks on any bicycle. They powered a rubber drive wheel that contacted to top of your front wheel and spun it to drive. Haven's seen one for years -- that would be a perfect setup as I could just add it to my bicycles when needed.

I remember getting a couple of Sachs drives when I was a kid -- I think they were called Solos -- they mounted to the front forks on any bicycle. They powered a rubber drive wheel that contacted to top of your front wheel and spun it to drive. Haven's seen one for years -- that would be a perfect setup as I could just add it to my bicycles when needed.
That sounds cool, but I was referring to the Sachs Madass 125.
Sachs MadAss Sachs MadAss - Google Search

Relatively light, 100km/h is possible and it sips fuel.
dd2cef8a81eee0e975949c1c76180aae.jpg

That looks great! I'm going to look into this - thanks.

It would be the perfect setup except as far as I know, there is no way to legally ride it on public property. In the eyes of the law, it is an unlicensed, uninsured motorcycle and you probably catch a ticket for not wearing an approved motorcycle helmet as well. Not sure why ebike get a free pass when it is essentially the same vehicle, the ebikes are just heavier and less maneuverable. I blame Wynnbag.

Back
Top Bottom