Lightest smallest bike available | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lightest smallest bike available

would you consider a Tomos moped "project"?? there is one sitting in my garage that sat outside for 3-5yrs. Needs much love. Good news is all parts are available on line and they are Eastern Europe cheap. Did i mention its dirt cheap??

I lost the option to reprovision the boat booze cupboard on the US side , the boat has its own Nexus number for easy in/out of US ports, but you dont mess with anything outside the rules if you value Nexus trusted traveller program. I miss the days of sailing into Youngstown NY and leaving with 2 cases of rum and 15 cases of rolling rock, liquor store at the top of the hill delivered to the docks. You sail past the US coast guard station exiting the niagara river, they just wave since your leaving.
I use CBP Roam, a quick video chat from the helm and I'm in. I don't use Nexus on the boat because it only works if everyone onboard has Nexus.

I guess this is too heavy

309 lbs
It's mated to a five-speed gearbox and with stock gearing, the TT250 tops out around 60 mph. That's not bad, considering that the TT250 weighs in at 309 lbs. dry. With a rider and fuel, 60 mph is pretty respectable from the small engine.May 14, 2017
Image result for csc tt250 weight

Brand new been sitting in the garage on a tender...

110415-2016-honda-montesa-4ride-f.jpg

Would clean everything in all respects for a lightweight performance machine, but you can't blue plate in Canada :|
~ half the weight of the one above and way more power, hydraulic clutch fuel injected with adjustable maps plus serious brake and suspension bits,
no batteries required, strong frame, aluminum tank, strong bars levers pegs and brackets etc. etc. all top grade.

so is that one above too heavy, yes, it's a tank.

except it's street legal. :coffee:
In Canada? go for it you won't find a better bike.
oh you mean the chinese tank. where are the DOT reflectors that photo was taken in a foreign country

The Montesa is light years ahead of that chinese motor for being able to pass 2020 emissions requirements and actually still perform.

Last edited:
It's legal ...I'm not arguing the Montesa is not a much better machine but it's not street legal ...I'm suggesting the TT250 for the OP.
New unused was part of a project that didn't fly ...the other bike has been out and running....lots of them out there.
It's built to be a tough easy to use bike....even has a kickstart as well as electric.

It's legal ...I'm not arguing the Montesa is not a much better machine but it's not street legal ...I'm suggesting the TT250 for the OP.
New unused was part of a project that didn't fly ...the other bike has been out and running....lots of them out there.
It's built to be a tough easy to use bike....even has a kickstart as well as electric.
What project that didn't fly, selling them in Canada?

Doesn't matter ...staff situation and he's not with us anymore. We bought two. In addition my son is not riding anymore. Just had no time to deal with it. We have all the docs and as a new vehicle does not need a safety and it approved model by Transport Canada or whoever does that.

Doesn't matter ...staff situation and he's not with us anymore. We bought two. In addition my son is not riding anymore. Just had no time to deal with it. We have all the docs and as a new vehicle does not need a safety and it approved model by Transport Canada or whoever does that.
Pictures of the bike available?

TT250 wouldn't fit the bill. My old 74 and 84 Suzuki 125s are 100lbs lighter @ 251lbs wet and faster. I have to load onto the back of a boat.

Light weight motorcycles of decent quality cost big money, that's the reality of it :|

Trials
Yes pictures avail ..it's new - been up the street once...needs to be registered as new vehicle. Needs a leaky front brake line sorted. Best email me.

MM Figured it was outside the envelope but thought I'd throw it out there. Needs a home.

Trials
Yes pictures avail ..it's new - been up the street once...needs to be registered as new vehicle. Needs a leaky front brake line sorted. Best email me.

MM Figured it was outside the envelope but thought I'd throw it out there. Needs a home.
What powers those? Is it a Lifan 229?

... Needs a leaky front brake line sorted...

And you think that is ready to be plated for the road :| my friend that one issue right there is enough to make it fail any vehicle inspection in the world let alone it being sold and plated as a new street legal motorcycle. The one in the picture is a pit bike at best.

... imho looks more like a zongshen motor but how would one ever really know.
One look at the carburetor should give you a hint that it was not built for around here.

Last edited:
Geez - when you know what you are talking about then converse.
Who ever said it was built around here ....move on or talk some sense.

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at Jul, 18    2016    2.01.16 PM.jpg

Parts available

It's new bike that needs the front brake sorted...it has a slow leak.
TT250 from CSC is a Zongshen product spec'd by CSC in California and road legal and insurable in Canada. FFS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well at least now people have the VIN so they can see if their insurance rep has complications with recognizing the VIN.

You are not an authorized dealer you are maybe the importer, you can't sell the bike here as new without DOT certification here and the bike in the photo was never intended for North American market. Do you see any DOT side reflectors? I don't but maybe your photo would. Where are your import papers to show the bike has had the duty paid and all the documentation to show it meets todays pollution standard, seeing as you are representing it as new and not requiring vehicle certification (and the bike you posted will not cut it in Canada, if the cat converter which it does not appear to have fails within the required manufacturer who do I call, hello China could I have your Canada or North America sales department please?
What does the stamp on the side of the exhaust can say?
What import tax number and documentation was used to import the bike free of sales tax, naturally you have that all in order seeing as sales tax will need to be applied to the final sale price when somebody goes to plate this 3+ year old new bike, yes?

New brake that leaks is a piece of garbage, you don't sort out leaking hydraulic parts you replace them. Otherwise why have you not already sorted it out?

... if there ever was a chance, you should have plated it the moment you got it.

:rolleyes: ....we have all the documentation,
...the bike is approved for sale in Canada
we already plated the identical bike which we bought at the same time
Aviva can insure it - likely others
Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at Dec, 23    2019    6.27.13 PM.jpg
We haven't bothered to fix the leak ...
Move on FFS...
Image result for mountain and molehill

•••
Otherwise why have you not already sorted it out?

because I have better things to do ..it's not a priority.

Back
Top Bottom