Licence plate sticker expired ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Licence plate sticker expired ?

Up to a point... ;)

At the municipal level, cars found parked on the street with expired or absent stickers can be charged $30. The provincial penalty is a $110 ticket for violating Ontario's Highway Traffic Act.

Funny as the thought of someone driving around undetected with expired plates for three decades may be, that person has also skipped out on more than $3,700 in requisite MTO fees.

I'd say the driver saved a bunch of money, at every single point...

Embarrassing journalism. In their picture is a newer sticker than the one they reference in the article. Booo. Still long expired though.
wonder what was on the other corners
:LOL: heck maybe he just got it going for the first time in years and was going for a test ride,
if he's been using it all those years the fenders must be flapping in the wind by now.

Not if they back collect now ?
I've heard conflicting stories on this. Normally the answer is no. If you renew the day before your birthday you owe for the previous year. If you renew on your birthday you got away with it. I have seen some rumblings that covid extensions will get back dated bills. Service ontario has not been told that yet. Even that plan has flaws as what if you parked your car for the year for covid, paying for the sticker wouldn't make sense.

Never heard or back collection in ontario I have left vehicles off the road for years before just go in and get your sticker for the current year and done.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Embarrassing journalism. In their picture is a newer sticker than the one they reference in the article. Booo. Still long expired though.
Exactly, typical trash journalism.
They make it seem like the guy has been driving around for decades with an expired sticker. The more likely explanation is the vehicle is vintage/classic and was rarely driven or not driven at all for many years.

Exactly, typical trash journalism.
They make it seem like the guy has been driving around for decades with an expired sticker. The more likely explanation is the vehicle is vintage/classic and was rarely driven or not driven at all for many years.
It is BlogTO guys, it might as well be the Beaverton with more relevant photography. Hardly call it journalism, just fluff and promo

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

It is BlogTO guys, it might as well be the Beaverton with more relevant photography. Hardly call it journalism, just fluff and promo

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Just because you work for a garbage rag doesn't mean you should produce garbage work. Have some pride and do a good job. Try to elevate the garbage instead of wallowing in it.

Just because you work for a garbage rag doesn't mean you should produce garbage work. Have some pride and do a good job. Try to elevate the garbage instead of wallowing in it.
Guess that you missed the memo
Showing incentive at ones workplace has been frowned upon for most of this century JS.

It matches now, dunno if it changed in the meantime. I didn't realize the style of plate validation stickers has been consistent for that long

It matches now, dunno if it changed in the meantime. I didn't realize the style of plate validation stickers has been consistent for that long
I peeled off the mountain of stickers on my plate. The one stuck to the metal is similar vintage to those. They stack was >1/4" thick.

I'm not understanding. It looked like the picture of 1989, matched the expiration of 31 year to me.

Back
Top Bottom