Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 271 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
Parker has been a problem for pretty much his entire career, it would seem. All that Donovan did by perjuring himself at the trial was potentially tank a righteous verdict. There's more than a little arrogance there.
I am originally from Niagara and while I did not know of Parker, when all this went down I was shocked at how many friends from the area knew him and knew what he was all about. It appeared to be very common knowledge outside the police force.

Not sure if the pass was legal or not. @Rob MacLennan will know.
But did I hear right? Officer Karen accusing the driver of "Run me off the road"
Seems to me Officer Karen is/was on a power trip.
I suspect that this would fall under "improper driving where the road is divided into lanes." I don't know that it would rise to "operation without due care and attention." I think that there would certainly be an applicable charge given that the off duty officer's vehicle was not at the intersection and was still moving at a considerable speed, when the driver passed him on the right. The officer's comment about "running him off the road" was absolute garbage hyperbole. Referring to "Officer Karen" feels appropriate, as this was definitely a punitive action for him feeling disrespected. I would generally expect this to result in a warning, not a 6 point infraction notice.

The vehicle hadn't yet reached the intersection and by the driver's own admission was doing about 65 Kmh when he passed.

Passing to right of vehicle​

150 (1) The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only where the movement can be made in safety and,

(a) the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn or its driver has signalled his or her intention to make a left turn;

(b) is made on a highway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width for two or more lines of vehicles in each direction; or

(c) is made on a highway designated for the use of one-way traffic only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 150 (1).

No mention of speed.. but the "can be made in safety" is open for interpretation.

^^^^ like when an officer "feels" "threatened."

What would have happened if the roles were reversed?

That cop has had multiple complaints. Matt B is a friend of a friend. Been following this on fb. since October.

There's bad apples in every profession. Sad part is, the worst the cop will get is a slap on the wrist... and paid leave.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Passing to right of vehicle​

150 (1) The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only where the movement can be made in safety and,

(a) the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn or its driver has signalled his or her intention to make a left turn;

(b) is made on a highway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width for two or more lines of vehicles in each direction; or

(c) is made on a highway designated for the use of one-way traffic only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 150 (1).

No mention of speed.. but the "can be made in safety" is open for interpretation.
Rather interestingly the only part of the incident, that is not shown, is when the officer would have possibly been indicating that intention.

Regarding the tragedy in Alcona last month. It sounds like familiarity breeds complacency. It's tough to respond to repeated calls for one person and every time go in condition red and properly clear the building (with innocents in it). That would escalate issues most of the time. I have no idea what the right answer is. There are a bunch of poor options. It sounds like they operated reasonably based on previous encounters but sadly this encounter was different. Hopefully the official report provides some guidance and doesn't just bury everything.

Good example why off duty police officer should not be allowed to stop/ hinder another vehicle for traffic violations.
What is most concerning on the video it seems that the officer either lied about having a passenger or displaying an offensive gesture out the passenger side window. If the officer lied about it on camera and in uniform, would he lied to the court?

‘Suicide by cop’: Sammy Yatim inquest derailed by convicted officer’s ‘outrageous’ 11th-hour motion​

Forcillo needs to realize that his best course of action is to shut his mouth and lay low. That way he might get some semblance of a life back in 30 or 40 years. Instead he pops up every now and then to remind us that he shot a distressed kid, who couldn't have harmed him in his position, and then continued to shoot dying kid to make sure that he was well and truly done.

I still want to know if anything happened to the officer who Tasered Yatim's corpse, 'just in case.'

Forcillo needs to realize that his best course of action is to shut his mouth and lay low. That way he might get some semblance of a life back in 30 or 40 years. Instead he pops up every now and then to remind us that he shot a distressed kid, who couldn't have harmed him in his position, and then continued to shoot dying kid to make sure that he was well and truly done.

I still want to know if anything happened to the officer who Tasered Yatim's corpse, 'just in case.'

On Tuesday, Insp. Shane Branton said the matter had been resolved "by alternative means that were amenable to both parties."

From the looks of it our boy may be trying to limit his exposure to the still pending lawsuits with this tactic, i would say that its ill advised IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom