Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

I was just referring to tires in general at GBM, went for a weekend in august. It was 15 ish in the morning (was taking it easy) and 25 in the afternoon both days (going hard w/ 2 easier warmup laps), total of 10-12 sessions for both days. The tires wore deceptively smooth, but the rears were at the bars after the 2 days on both bikes. Q2's @ 30/30 both on a 08 CBR 1000RR and and same pressure on another 02 ZX-9R, no warmers, same result.

Found TMP a lot better on tires, and yeah SMP is a cheese grader. Just an observation and wondering if others found the same.

you're dealing with suspension issues, not track surface issues.

You blowed it up on purpose so I wouldn't get to try your bike like you said in the morning :(

;)

not at all dood,

heck you could have taken it after i blew it up, you woulda looked funny pushing the bike around the track tho

you're dealing with suspension issues, not track surface issues.
.....or riding issues. Some may recall that the first time RACE went to TMP everyone was complaining that their rear tires were being shredded. As they learned the track and got faster, their tires looked better........hmmmmmm.

.....or riding issues. Some may recall that the first time RACE went to TMP everyone was complaining that their rear tires were being shredded. As they learned the track and got faster, their tires looked better........hmmmmmm.

That was 10 years ago,,,, LIVE IN THE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great day, couldn't have hoped for better weather. We started late to let things heat up, I think the first group was out at 10:30

First time being out on freshly paved track. Its bloody briliant! :)

Back
Top Bottom