Landlord doxxing us | GTAMotorcycle.com

Landlord doxxing us

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50930

Insane landlord

Girlfriend’s landlord Can’t accept that we won the t6 hearing back in December.

He has been in retaliation mode ever since...

1. Tried to revoke her parking
  2. Posted a YouTube video

So far he has been fined by bylaw, the ltb and there is a case with the rental housing enforcement unit

I had enough and posted pictures

Do you have the backstory? Why are you not paying rents?

Do you have the backstory? Why are you not paying rents?
When she sends the parking portion as a etransfer (his request), he won’t accept them, I mention it in the reddit post.

Kasey will send a N4, let the payment expire and then send another N4, let the payment expire and on it goes.. There has been two N4 (non payment of rent) so far and he has not sough out a evicition hearing

I will fix that to make it more clear

Last edited by a moderator:
no receipt for a cash transaction, seems greasy to me

What is the proper way to let others know this guy is a horrible landlord?
Was Reddit the right choice??

Kinda dumb on the landlord for not accepting the eTransfers, I am sure there is a method to track these to prove the funds were sent. Thus making the N4 invalid. You could pay with cash as long as you get a receipt at the time it is handed over.

I would be cautious about putting out warnings like that, it could turn into a defamation problem.
Or you could contact local media, I am sure they might be interested considering the virus situation.

I would log everything and all communication with the landlord, down to the smallest details. If they are aggressive as you are stating the court could see it as harassment.
The courts are not open so you have time to figure this out and turn it around.

The base problem is that renters tend to not have tons of money. A really good (Expensive) lawyer would shred the guy based on your information.

I can see to an extent the landlord's view. In just about any other market the owner of the merchandise can up the price to stay in line with the market. The only exception I can think of is OHIP where the fees are a negotiated contract.

A person invests 20 million in a hotel while his bother does the same with an apartment across the street. Then a theme park opens nearby, the hotel is swamped and can double rates. The apartment can't. Hotels and parking lots change their rates depending on whether there's a big event in the area, doubling or tripling the numbers.

The difference is that housing and medical care are necessities of life. Therefore there is a guarantee of income. How are the motels doing now with everyone staying home?

It seems everyone looks at income only instead of a balance of income and income security.

A friend lives in New York City near the Flatiron Building. His rent, if the building was tarted up, would be five figures per month. He's paying about $800 due to rent controls but it's a dump. Financial incentives to have him leave start in the mid six figures. He's not tight for money and likes the downtown lifestyle so he just waits it out.

I don't know how much he likes it now.

A friend lives in New York City near the Flatiron Building. His rent, if the building was tarted up, would be five figures per month. He's paying about $800 due to rent controls but it's a dump. Financial incentives to have him leave start in the mid six figures. He's not tight for money and likes the downtown lifestyle so he just waits it out.

I don't know how much he likes it now.
They are offering him $500K to piss off and he wont accept?

Once the landlord renter relationship is broken to the point of t6 or whatever hearings etc. IMO it is best to just look for another place to live. Otherwise expect nothing but headaches and passive-aggressive landlord actions. Does not matter if you won, you will lose and will continue to do so.

The smaller the landlord the worse it will be. Some giant company may or may not have time to formulate specific vengeance or repercussions for the tenant who is just some number. If the landlord is small enough to personally know your name you will lose, lose and lose again, specially if you won at the hearings/tribunal...

Last edited:
I have been a tenant and a landlord. I can understand both sides. There are always two sides of the story. The only reason I can think of that he is trying to evict you is because he truly hates you or he figures he can get better rents with a new tenant.

Not all landlords are bad just like not all tenants are great.

Having a mutual respectful relationship is key. Communicate and try to understand each other. Sometimes there is value in keeping a tenant that will pay lower rent as opposed to a high rent jackass.

Isn't it time you contacted a lawyer? Get their law office to post payment to him. When he pretends, or refuses, or otherwise let the law deal with it.

She makes too much for legal aid but too little for fees to get a lawyer hired.

I was hoping the LTB would resolve things this konth but covid19 ...

They are offering him $500K to piss off and he wont accept?

They have gotten rid of all but two tenants in the building by renting to tap dance studios above them and other nonsense. Buddy has enough money for lawyers to fight the crap. Income from the building is now about $1500 a month. If they could demo or reno the building they could get $20,000 per suite. The owner is losing the half million every couple of months. Friend is comfortable financially and enjoys NYC life. He is comfortable in a roach motel but doesn't get a lot of visitors. I'd prefer his place in the Catskills.

Once the landlord renter relationship is broken to the point of t6 or whatever hearings etc. IMO it is best to just look for another place to live. Otherwise expect nothing but headaches and passive-aggressive landlord actions. Does not matter if you won, you will lose and will continue to do so.

The smaller the landlord the worse it will be. Some giant company may or may not have time to formulate specific vengeance or repercussions for the tenant who is just some number. If the landlord is small enough to personally know your name you will lose, lose and lose again, specially if you won at the hearings/tribunal...

I'm not 100% up on the subject but not all buildings are rent protected the same. Moving to another building may not be affordable as its status may change in a year or two even if affordable now. Read the fine print.

I have been a tenant and a landlord. I can understand both sides. There are always two sides of the story. The only reason I can think of that he is trying to evict you is because he truly hates you or he figures he can get better rents with a new tenant.

Not all landlords are bad just like not all tenants are great.

Having a mutual respectful relationship is key. Communicate and try to understand each other. Sometimes there is value in keeping a tenant that will pay lower rent as opposed to a high rent jackass.

A friend has been renting out a paid for condo for years without increasing the rent. The tenant is good and always pays on time. If buddy ever sells the unit there will be sticker shock when the lady has to move.

Has she actually gone to a lawyer for a consultation? At least get some advice on how to approach the matter.

I'm not 100% up on the subject but not all buildings are rent protected the same. Moving to another building may not be affordable as its status may change in a year or two even if affordable now. Read the fine print.

That is why, for a renter, the best advice is to NOT let it get to that point. Once you are at tribunals and hearings the relationship is so broken the renter is screwed. Does not matter that they won and how right the renter is, they are screwed. It is not like they can have their mom phone the landlords mom to get things sorted out....

Think of it like an employee employer relationship where some tribunal decided that a fired employee gets their job back. Some giant company, maybe in some cases it works out but the manager will be holding a grudge, it is not personnel for the company at large, you are just some number. If you are working for a small to medium business it is not going to work out well (rainbows and unicorns) for the employee.

Remember the Klingon proverb, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Even if the LTB says she is right, she will lose in the long run, see above.... LTB is NOT the landlords mom. They can comply and still screw her over.

Last edited:
Even if the LTB says she is right, she will lose in the long run, see above.... LTB is NOT the landlords mom. They can comply and still screw her over.

Which is what happened :(

She did try to resolve this though (months of waiting, bylaw order etc) before going to the LTB. .

Really disappointed by the LTB. Paralegals say take it up with them but it is like they have no power...

Best option is to leave...

Leave or find friends with anger management issues. This **** likely has a lot of enemies.

Still haven't heard the backstory. I know a lot of landlords, several who are hardened up by deadbeat tenants. Landlords are in business, they don't evict tenants "just because", there's always a backstory. Are rents in arrears, is the place kept up to reasonable standards? Are neighbors complaining? What caused the landlord to start on this course of action?

The landlord operates out of St Catherines -- not exactly an expensive or demand market so it's not likely a rent control thing.

Back
Top Bottom