Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 234 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Has anyone here done trackdays with N2 at Pittsburgh track? The satellite image of the track looks wicked as do the MotoAmerica races there. Thinking of going mid September with a few buddies

Wait.... Weren’t you just telling me this past Fall, and I’m paraphrasing here, that you couldn’t afford to go to a track school (like Racer5 or similar) to learn how to ride at the track and about proper track etiquette?
Good god, I’m glad you and your buddies started running your own track days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Katatonic weird flex but okay

@Sebi I plan to do a trip down to Pittsburgh for their track. Same distance as Shannonville but better tarmac. I'm hoping that PittRace is just as good as what the people in the track pit say.

[QUOTE/] I plan to do a trip down to Pittsburgh for their track. Same distance as Shannonville but better tarmac. I'm hoping that PittRace is just as good as what the people in the track pit say.
[/QUOTE]

Huh. Unless you're in the Niagara area or closer to the border....
(My place) Waterloo to SMP - 3h 12m according to Googlemaps.
(My place) Waterloo to PittRace - 5h 6h plus border crossing.

[QUOTE/] I plan to do a trip down to Pittsburgh for their track. Same distance as Shannonville but better tarmac. I'm hoping that PittRace is just as good as what the people in the track pit say.

Huh. Unless you're in the Niagara area or closer to the border....
(My place) Waterloo to SMP - 3h 12m according to Googlemaps.
(My place) Waterloo to PittRace - 5h 6h plus border crossing.
[/QUOTE]
I meant bogie, woops.

I think surface at Bogie & surface at Pitt are roughly the same.
Mind you, I haven't been to either track so I'm just going off of what I've heard from others. I'd probably add about an hour time at border crossing.

Anyone else planning on GBM on May.4? Nessie and the John Deere are planning on going

Hey Guys...
A former student of mine is doing a day at Trail Tours on May 5...
If the track day is a wash due to temps or weather, we can get the group rate if we go with them.
Let me know what you think... Might be a fun alternative....

May.4 for GBM isn't looking good at the moment, but we'll wait and see.I'd wait until its a bit warmer then consider trail tours again.

Signed up for Bogie on June.16 (Sunday, red group is filling up) and will add the 17th at some point

Agreed on May 4 looking on the poopie side of things...
Still thinking about doing Ganaraska with that other group. It'll be much warmer than the first time I was there - was only 2c and drizzling.

Will sign up for Calabogie when it starts getting more full. Probably yellow group on Sunday and Red on Monday.

I'm signed up for Bogie June 16. See you guys there!

Agreed on May 4 looking on the poopie side of things...
Still thinking about doing Ganaraska with that other group. It'll be much warmer than the first time I was there - was only 2c and drizzling.

Will sign up for Calabogie when it starts getting more full. Probably yellow group on Sunday and Red on Monday.

We're planning to be at Ganny next Saturday so we'll clear trees on the single track for you. haha...

May.4 for GBM isn't looking good at the moment, but we'll wait and see.I'd wait until its a bit warmer then consider trail tours again.

Signed up for Bogie on June.16 (Sunday, red group is filling up) and will add the 17th at some point

I'm in for Sunday and Monday too.

I think I've said this before, but make sure you guys take full advantage of the "training" laps. Joe, Richard and Adam are there to help you learn the safe way around the track. It is a difficult track to learn so don't be afraid to ask questions. Pay attention to the scenery looking for markers because there are a few corners that look similar going in, and if you forget which one it is it might not end well. There are corner signs which helps a lot.

I think I've said this before, but make sure you guys take full advantage of the "training" laps. Joe, Richard and Adam are there to help you learn the safe way around the track. It is a difficult track to learn so don't be afraid to ask questions. Pay attention to the scenery looking for markers because there are a few corners that look similar going in, and if you forget which one it is it might not end well. There are corner signs which helps a lot.

Most definitely will take your solid advice and ask questions of the instructors.
And thanks for the corner marker info etc.

Have fun a Ganny!!!

I’m in too!
Thanks for the tip, doozer!
bigevildoer - Make sure you pack lots of pain meds and Bengay! And red group? Really? Put on your pylon vest and slow moving vehicle sign....

Well, I figure yellow to learn and red to kick your butt. hehehehe... unless you don't want to come to red...
Muscle Ointments and SlimFast packed for both of us. ;-)

As for the Slow Moving Vehicle sign - already on the bike - top and underside of the tail. And the helmet too...

I won’t be in red. My plan was to be in green on Sunday to learn the track and move to yellow on Monday.
I’ve got a lap timer on my bike for me and I’ll bring my sundial to time you. We’ll see what’s what on Monday!

Tim and I booked a sweet house about 40 min from the track that has some extra space if anyone is looking for a spot to stay

I’m in too!
Thanks for the tip, doozer!
bigevildoer - Make sure you pack lots of pain meds and Bengay! And red group? Really? Put on your pylon vest and slow moving vehicle sign....

Calabogie is actually pretty easy on the body. Shannonville is way more work than bogie.

Back
Top Bottom