Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 232 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I have had 2 low sides since getting back into track riding in 2016. I have also tossed out 2 LS2 Arrow helmets due to bouncing my head on pavement. I think the Arrow is the FF323? The first incident at GB in 2016 without concussion. The 2nd was at Calabogie in 2017 and it ended my season with a concussion with symptoms for a month or so. I like the helmet and still riding with one currently (after first crash bought 2 at same time, still using the 2nd). Cant tell if a different helmet would have been better on my Bogie crash concussion wise but otherwise it did its job. And they go on sale (fibrerglass one) for around $160 on Fortnine and last I looked the carbon fibre one was $280ish. It has 4 stars on the SHARP WWW site with top level front, top and rear but only just above middle protection on the side hits (which is where Bogie crash was).

Jeff

Yikes, that's scary. Yea, for LS2 I am only looking at the carbon fiber one. Do you find it fits similar to an AGV? (Ie. Long oval)

A turkey came in for a landing at Calabogie #8 between the riders in front of me in Sept. I should find the video of that ....I think its on my camera somewhere.
Jeff

Yikes, that's scary. Yea, for LS2 I am only looking at the carbon fiber one. Do you find it fits similar to an AGV? (Ie. Long oval)

I have never tried an AGV so can't comment. The Arai helmets I used to use in the past were long ovals I think so the shape sounds right.

Jeff

Oh man, I'm already missing these days
P3miub0.jpg

What is everyone doing this winter to stay sane? Whats your winter project?

If anyone in the area missed the sale on wheel chokes at Princess Auto I've got one for sale. I have no idea what I was thinking and bought 2 of them....I only need one. So, save me the drive to return it and I'll save you the tax. $50. Pickup in Guelph or Elmira.
d237ccdf8cdb4e1ce95b488ad3fca91a.jpg

Yeah I noticed that. Even better, when I tried to disable the option it gave me a web error. I'll try again today.

Yeah I noticed that. Even better, when I tried to disable the option it gave me a web error. I'll try again today.

Link to change auto-renew was still broke when I tried it today.

Interesting business model ... enable auto-renewal but now way to disable it :)

Jeff

i have not, but a friend of mine has gone several times. He drives to Detroit and gets a cheap flight from there. He says the whole COTA complex is amazing and the atmosphere is great, but nothing compared to Jerez (he's from Poland and has gone to several European GP's too).

i have not, but a friend of mine has gone several times. He drives to Detroit and gets a cheap flight from there. He says the whole COTA complex is amazing and the atmosphere is great, but nothing compared to Jerez (he's from Poland and has gone to several European GP's too).

Interesting, I'll have to compare some quotes flying out of YYZ or Detroit. I definitely want to see a European GP sometime but unfortunately it's just too expensive of a trip at this point.

Interesting, I'll have to compare some quotes flying out of YYZ or Detroit. I definitely want to see a European GP sometime but unfortunately it's just too expensive of a trip at this point.
You'll be amazed at how much cheaper it is to fly out of Buffalo or Detroit.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom