Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 207 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Yeah, it was a pretty good crash fest, mostly in green and yellow today. Track conditions were solid, weather was even better.

Think John Deere gives you a discount if you buy spare parts in bulk?

To be fair, this is the 3rd crash on that tire... which is suspect. Tim was putting down a good pace right from the get go.

Tim's next track bike?
5416eacf754412898780d56ca2f1d0c2.jpg

Thinking this might be more appropriate...
B01F46RT80
mziqXhAUX5I0AVT5svDZo7Q.jpg

I did offer to put training wheels on the KTM... so don't say I didn't try.

This one would be really hard to lowside, but it would probably high side with any decent pace. Tim should be fine though....
839a13548130d4af3e62c8b33a3e495d.jpg

Actually, racing those Spyders would be a riot... I've ridden one and they're so different... kind of neat though.
As for high siding, apparently their built in stability system is pretty advanced, to that would be hard to do. But, since you can't lean, the rider's body might decide to go flying...

Glad to head you're ok!
I tried changing to GP Shift (Takes 30 secs on the R6) and it feels so much more natural, especially "downshifts". I'll need some time to work in proper upshifts as my muscle memory has me blipping the throttle which makes for some pretty embarrassing shifts. I'll be ordering the quickshifter tonight, I figure for <$200, it's well worth it

Glad to head you're ok!

Tim's head is okay? Who says? haha...

I tried changing to GP Shift (Takes 30 secs on the R6) and it feels so much more natural, especially "downshifts".

Uhh, yeah, duh. Where have I heard this before? :p I'm expecting you to show me how much faster it makes you this year. ;)

I think maybe you are using the wrong tires premier recommended these i think they are oem spec.
a2af7cd644593bc4825754076315d3ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those should work nicely when you leave the track heading to the field

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nice tall sidewall for rim protection while riding across the bedrock.

From the bottom of my heart, you guys are jerks. hehehee. :p
Those tractor tires Steve mentioned might actually help. Add it to the list of considerations....

Uhh, yeah, duh. Where have I heard this before? :p I'm expecting you to show me how much faster it makes you this year. ;)

Umm... bad news, I decided to go back to regular shift pattern. My dad gave me a hard time about it and blah blah blah. Additionally, if I get used to GP shift, riding other bikes will be awkward. I'm placing the order for the QS now, should take a few seconds off my lap time right? :D

Umm... bad news, I decided to go back to regular shift pattern. My dad gave me a hard time about it and blah blah blah. Additionally, if I get used to GP shift, riding other bikes will be awkward. I'm placing the order for the QS now, should take a few seconds off my lap time right? :D
That's silly. Your Dad is wrong. My track bike has been GP shift for 10 years. My dirt bike hasn't and never will be (no linkage). It's not a problem. My brain has track mode and dirt mode. My motorcycles have the front brake on the right. My mountain bike has the front brake on the left. No problems...

Back
Top Bottom