Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 206 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Looks like I'm in for SMP with Smergy...
Should be good fun shaking off some winter rust.
Front is good, flipped the rear, so hopefully it will last the day.. if not, have a freshly mounted Medium+ GPA on my spare rim.

You guys have gone to Shannonville so much more than me the past few years, maybe when we finally sync up there you'll be showing me a thing or two. I'm curious about the repaving that happened last year.

Twice a year hardly counts as a whole lot of times out there!
Things will be status quo between you and me. I've cut some time, but not enough to make it even vaguely interesting for you....

The repaving will be something different for sure. The seams in the concrete/pavement were always easy visual markers for proper line through 6-7...

EDIT: Nevermind, found paint for the track. I was just posting asking where else to get paint lol

Last edited:
Twice a year hardly counts as a whole lot of times out there!
Things will be status quo between you and me. I've cut some time, but not enough to make it even vaguely interesting for you....

The repaving will be something different for sure. The seams in the concrete/pavement were always easy visual markers for proper line through 6-7...

I haven't been there since May 2016, so 0 in two years. You're infinitely ahead of me for Shannonville visits. haha...

Yes, getting inside or outside of the concrete patches was always a marker. Now we won't have to think about concrete at all through there, which should be a plus.

We will find out tomorrow I guess :) Need to shake the rust off on the fist one. There's still time to come along Dave!

I'll start us off... I think premier equipment in Elmira is open till 6.
e576f917ff70263643f60cd0932104fc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And that's not a delicate.... :)
2c92077ca80ac91977f34685a66c4a3d.jpg

Duplicate

Wait.....twice?? Damn!

Yeah. Twice. in exactly the same spot.
Theories abound as to cause. First one was at a solid pace, tipped in and kaboom.
Fixed bike, dropped to yellow to test it out... third or fourth lap, taking it easy, and exactly the same thing. Both times zero warning. Just kapow. Down it went.

So, it's either:
Suspension (never been an issue before this tire)
Tire is too old and or defective.
Maybe I couldn't keep heat in tire, but I checked tire after crash before picking it up, and it seemed plenty hot (especially after the first one)

Solution:
Reset suspension to base and adjust to proper race setting (according to KTM manual)
New tire
Ride faster

Have to see about drilling out the shift lever, as 2 of the 3 bolt holes now have snapped off bolts in them.

Sorry I missed all the excitement....
If you need anything let me know. I can't do **** but I can certainly stand around with a beer in my hand and offer some encouraging words.

negative reinforcement is the technical term.

Sorry I missed all the excitement....
If you need anything let me know. I can't do **** but I can certainly stand around with a beer in my hand and offer some encouraging words.

Back
Top Bottom