Kijiji scammer alert | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji scammer alert

Holy 💩…the buyers are supposed to actually show up today after close to 3 months after payment!

(My wife refused to sell to someone else since they paid already).

Had a spidy sensing moment last week thinking I was trying to be scammed. Sold something for $2500, the purchaser sent Movers to pick it up, guy sends the E-transfer when I tell him they have arrived. (having never come to my house to inspect it or check it out) Being a transfer from CIBC I said I knew that bank usually takes 30 mins to come through. Item wasn't leaving my garage until I received it and movers were ok with waiting. I am texting back and forth with the buyer saying it still hasn't come etc etc. So on his own accord he sends another $2500, through a different account, with the same bank, somehow thinking it was going to go through faster (not sure why) since he didn't want to make the movers wait.

First transfer comes through, we load up the item and they drive away. Then another transfer comes through and the whole time I'm thinking how is this guy trying to scam me? What is his angle. So now I have $5000 of his money in my account, he asks for me to send him back 2500. I said ok after I as my bank a few questions. I went to bank and made sure there was no way he could do a chargeback or anything, If I do send him the transfer, then somehow he gets the bank to cancel the other one or something I wasn't sure. So they say I should be ok. Send him $2500. The next day he messages me still hasn't gotten it,(even though it looked out of my account) he gave me the wrong email. (again I'm thinking is this all a part of his plan?) I was able to cancel the initial payment I sent, and sent new one to correct email. Ended up all good but it sure added some stress to the whole transaction.

Had a spidy sensing moment last week thinking I was trying to be scammed. Sold something for $2500, the purchaser sent Movers to pick it up, guy sends the E-transfer when I tell him they have arrived. (having never come to my house to inspect it or check it out) Being a transfer from CIBC I said I knew that bank usually takes 30 mins to come through. Item wasn't leaving my garage until I received it and movers were ok with waiting. I am texting back and forth with the buyer saying it still hasn't come etc etc. So on his own accord he sends another $2500, through a different account, with the same bank, somehow thinking it was going to go through faster (not sure why) since he didn't want to make the movers wait.

First transfer comes through, we load up the item and they drive away. Then another transfer comes through and the whole time I'm thinking how is this guy trying to scam me? What is his angle. So now I have $5000 of his money in my account, he asks for me to send him back 2500. I said ok after I as my bank a few questions. I went to bank and made sure there was no way he could do a chargeback or anything, If I do send him the transfer, then somehow he gets the bank to cancel the other one or something I wasn't sure. So they say I should be ok. Send him $2500. The next day he messages me still hasn't gotten it,(even though it looked out of my account) he gave me the wrong email. (again I'm thinking is this all a part of his plan?) I was able to cancel the initial payment I sent, and sent new one to correct email. Ended up all good but it sure added some stress to the whole transaction.
That's been done with cheques.

"I have a problem with my bank and my insurer wants to send me $6,000. The bank will lock up the funds but I can get the insurer to send you the $6,000. All you have to do is write me a cheque for the difference, $3500."

The insurance cheque is counterfeit but you don't find out until after he cashes yours.

That's been done with cheques.

"I have a problem with my bank and my insurer wants to send me $6,000. The bank will lock up the funds but I can get the insurer to send you the $6,000. All you have to do is write me a cheque for the difference, $3500."

The insurance cheque is counterfeit but you don't find out until after he cashes yours.
Yes exactly what I said to bank teller, hoping it isn't one of those situations. They assured me once an e transfer is deposited into your account, the person can't cancel it or get it back.

Yes exactly what I said to bank teller, hoping it isn't one of those situations. They assured me once an e transfer is deposited into your account, the person can't cancel it or get it back.
They can. The victim of the theft can claim someone broke into their account and fraudulently paid YOU.

The original bank can then initiate a chargeback and pull the funds from the original unsuspecting victim.

E-transfers can be pulled back, but it’s due to a fraud claim, not because the account holder changed their mind.

Back
Top Bottom