Keeping things moving | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Keeping things moving

Never burn bridges. After being out all day, i came home to find a flower arrangement on my front steps. From my ex wife. We parted ways without any hate or ill will. Called her and thanked her. Classy lady!

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.

Condolences to you and your family. Stay strong, sending prayers your way.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

****. I've been off the interwebs all weekend and log in this morning and find this. Sorry for your loss, Ric. I know we've never met, but it you want a break sometime, I've got a cottage with 75 acres of land you're welcome to borrow for a few days. Lyndsay

People are strange. Sue's wishes were for no obituary no service NOTHING.
I understand that people care and are greaviing like i am, but they still insist on wanting what she didn't want. I'm ****** that people that haven't seen Sue in 20 years all of a sudden have to get together. "Where were you all those years?"
I'm going to create an obituary to shut them up and have them fill my backyard or house for an afternoon later in the spring.
And then I'll probably do what Neil Peart did. Go for a long ride.

I understand that people care and are greaviing like i am, but they still insist on wanting what she didn't want. I'm ****** that people that haven't seen Sue in 20 years all of a sudden have to get together. "Where were you all those years?"
I'm going to create an obituary to shut them up and have them fill my backyard or house for an afternoon later in the spring.
Good plan.

Like Neil said, you gotta heal and grow that baby soul.
May you find peace Wingboy.

People are strange indeed...my dad passed away at Toronto General (I believe that's the name) when I was 21 (so 33 years ago)...he wasn't dead for half an hour before my siblings were arguing over who got his car (my mom didn't drive) while we were still in the hospital...so yeah, death makes people act in ways they normally wouldn't...

Ric, if you know deep in your heart that Sue didn't want a fuss made over her passing, then stick to your guns...if these "friends " (who you say haven't been around when she really needed them) want to do something on their own, then let them...if you feel up to going, do so...if you don't, then politely decline...this might not make you the most popular, but people will get over it...you are grieving, and you need to do what is best for your mental health...

Keeping you and Sue in my prayers 🙏

You're under no obligation to do any such thing. Do what you guys talked about and everyone else can deal.

I’m with @ifiddles on this one. If you and your wife spoke about this and she didn’t want a fuss, I would politely tell them ‘thanks but no thanks’ and leave it at that.

They haven’t been around for years anyway, they’ll move on quick enough (sad to say).

You do whatever you and your wife wanted to do. No need to please those that weren’t around.

Be with your family, kids and grandkids. These are the people that matter. They loved her, they’ll always love her, and you will keep strong together. The rest is just noise in the background.

A cousin called me when her mother died and asked what I thought of her going against her mothers final wishes. I told her there was nothing wrong with what her mother wanted and she should honour her mother's wishes. She didn't.

My mother didn't want a funeral with people gawking and gossiping. We discussed a tea at her apartment and she was OK with it. The funeral was family only.

Do what you feel is right. You aren't under any obligations to anyone except yourself and Sue's memory.

Back
Top Bottom