Justin Time | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why will JT win the next election??? Not because he is good that is for sure... does not look like he needs to be either.

"Take Back Canada"

Conservative Leadership candidate, how tone deaf can they be? Does not matter the context in his head, the slogan is completely tone deaf.

Why will JT win the next election??? Not because he is good that is for sure... does not look like he needs to be either.

"Take Back Canada"

Conservative Leadership candidate, how tone deaf can they be? Does not matter the context in his head, the slogan is completely tone deaf.
I read over the platform and it seems sensible. As for the slogan, perhaps it needs to be framed to give it context.

The current gov't has made little progress in moving Canada forward.

Trudeau has used the same 'solutions' as McGinty and Wynne did in Ontario -- fill a dumptruck with cash then light it on fire. His focus has been on issues that have relatively small national significance, while sidestepping the really big ones. The big issues that he has tried to conquer are burning cash and going nowhere - Transmountain (4500 dump trucks of cash so far, at least 8000 more needed), assault weapons (250 dumptrucks), municipal infrastructure (8000 dump trucks so far) - thanks, my neighborhood benefited with a new statue and the re&re of a perfectly good community swimming pool (5 dump trucks of cash) simply because the city didn't have any other use for the free cash handout.

Think about this for a moment... if you asked an Ontarian in 2015 whether Doug Ford could single-handedly cancel the Liberal Party in Ontario, what would you have said? Trudeau is on the same path, all the Cons need is a clean leader with a clear, no nonsense message. Sadly they haven't been able to solve that yet.

I read over the platform and it seems sensible. As for the slogan, perhaps it needs to be framed to give it context.

The current gov't has made little progress in moving Canada forward.

Trudeau has used the same 'solutions' as McGinty and Wynne did in Ontario -- fill a dumptruck with cash then light it on fire. His focus has been on issues that have relatively small national significance, while sidestepping the really big ones. The big issues that he has tried to conquer are burning cash and going nowhere - Transmountain (4500 dump trucks of cash so far, at least 8000 more needed), assault weapons (250 dumptrucks), municipal infrastructure (8000 dump trucks so far) - thanks, my neighborhood benefited with a new statue and the re&re of a perfectly good community swimming pool (5 dump trucks of cash) simply because the city didn't have any other use for the free cash handout.

Think about this for a moment... if you asked an Ontarian in 2015 whether Doug Ford could single-handedly cancel the Liberal Party in Ontario, what would you have said? Trudeau is on the same path, all the Cons need is a clean leader with a clear, no nonsense message. Sadly they haven't been able to solve that yet.

Sadly, most voters don't dig into the campaign policies. Even less so if the first thing they hear is a tone deaf slogan. If they can't figure that out....

It was like Patrick Brown martching in pride years back with a banner that read "On the Right Side of History", really at pride??? And this was before his social "epiphany".

That's kind of the point. If you take a source like the Huff post, then anyone who isn't pretty left of centre is gong to get at best no context, and at worst, an extremely negative one.

That's kind of the point. If you take a source like the Huff post, then anyone who isn't pretty left of centre is gong to get at best no context, and at worst, an extremely negative one.

The source is Erin O'Toole....it is his tone deaf slogan. Huffington did not make it up. Left, right or centre media spin does not matter much. It is kind of the point of the campaign slogan, get your message across and not require people to deep dive. Marketing 101.

The source is Erin O'Toole....it is his tone deaf slogan. Huffington did not make it up. Left, right or centre media spin does not matter much. It is kind of the point of the campaign slogan, get your message across and not require people to deep dive. Marketing 101.
Trump should go with "S-U-C-C-E-E-S, that is how we spell success" this time. He'd probably still win, at least it would be obvious that the election was a joke.

Agree the EOT picked a dumb slogan. Another con throwing away a victory that is presented to them on a platter by showing they can outdumb the liberals.

I don't really have an opinion of O'Toole yet -- too early. I'm sure he's exciting the far left... you're going to hear their familiar rants and the usual left-loaded words like "dog whistle, extreme, divisive, xenophobic, misogynist". He flies my party flag so I'll certainly tune in if he gets some traction.

By the way Marketing 101 has no teachings about political correctness -- that comes way later. Marketing 101 says any press is good press, first you generate awareness any way you can, be light on details, as you get an audience figure out their needs and fill in the blanks later.

Sure, but it could have been jazzed up and put in a better context by them. Something like: "Erin is wanting to take back Canada from the elitists" who have <insert the dozens of Trudeau scandals here>. Erin has extended an invitation Jody Wilson-Raybould and anyone else who is upset with the way the current Liberal party does business, to cross the floor, and join a party that's commited to truth and excellence going forward . . . yada, yada, yada. Or something like that.

never gets old
Anytime I watch even seconds of footage from government in session I want to punch them all. If you went in to a meeting at work and dodged every question, never provided an answer and just generally wasted everybodies time, you would get the axe after the first day. They keep it up for years and think that it is normal and the way to do things. Even at 20K a year, they would be grossly overpaid for the service they provide to the citizens.

Anytime I watch even seconds of footage from government in session I want to punch them all. If you went in to a meeting at work and dodged every question, never provided an answer and just generally wasted everybodies time, you would get the axe after the first day. They keep it up for years and think that it is normal and the way to do things. Even at 20K a year, they would be grossly overpaid for the service they provide to the citizens.
100%

Maybe we start a movement to defund everything that has to do with government.

Maybe we start a movement to defund everything that has to do with government.
Where do I sign up? I'm not up for eliminating them entirely, just a hard reset to a level that doesn't involve most of the tax collected being blown on stupid things (including useless politicians).

don't worry they're investing in your future! i wish he had stayed in the running for Cons leader.

Hahaha. This will get JT's panties in a bunch. Bloc Quebecois leader quote below.

"The most poisonous pill of all of that is the government trying stubbornly to act as if there were not 338 people having been elected last October, and doing as if it was a majority government led by some kind of prince, which is not the case," Blanchet told reporters

Hahaha. This will get JT's panties in a bunch. Bloc Quebecois leader quote below.

"The most poisonous pill of all of that is the government trying stubbornly to act as if there were not 338 people having been elected last October, and doing as if it was a majority government led by some kind of prince, which is not the case," Blanchet told reporters
all talk, last i checked he supported them in the past.

104460417_2716633398660285_2725098646400214458_n.jpg

Quite possibly. But the sad reality is we had a bunch of choices hovering around 0 or 1 on a 10 point scale. Least-worst is hardly a victory (nor does that remotely imply good).
i suppose that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom