June heading west 3 weeks + | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June heading west 3 weeks +

Interesting story about the pic above trip...I left for that trip around May 7 2018
It was 6c when I crossed the bridge at Fort Erie so I had on chaps and heated vest and a heavy leather coat.
By the time I got down to Maggie Vally NC it was in the hight 20's
I had to strap my leather coat and heated vest to the seat as it was so hot working my way over to Myrtle.
Also in the left saddlebag, I and had all of this that I was taking to a lady friend in Delaware.

It's so easy to do laundry on a trip these days :)
Sorry to of jacked your thread Mac :)

IMG-20180506-181540.jpg

IMG-20180502-102422.jpg

Trips over ...no biggie.
I've left Toronto at 13, 9 c over the Hamilton Skwy, back to mid teens then cold again on 219 and happy to see the Tim's with the outside brazier.

The bloody 30 on 222 near Coudersport along the railway tracks...south facing, black rocks on the railway

CB500x with less storage for layers will require some forethought.

Fortunate I did not follow through on my original plan to do Glacier, Yellowstone and Beartooth

Snowstorm shuts down roads to Yellowstone and Rocky Mountain National Parks on first day of summer
A snowstorm has temporarily shut down a popular mountain roadway leading to Yellowstone National Park as well as the scenic road through Rocky Mountain National Park on the first day of summer.

Beartooth Pass has been closed at the Montana-Wyoming state line since Thursday night. The winding Beartooth Highway reaches nearly 11,000 feet (3,350 meters) in elevation as it runs from the town of Red Lodge to the northeast entrance of Yellowstone, which is entering its busy season.

hehe -- my go to meal across the county was a Tims small chili, steeped tea and an Apple fritter which was a fill up after a cold morning ride fo $8.79

At the airport to Hawaii....- ditto - small chili, steeped tea and an Apple fritter....same price ....soooo much better value than the other places.

Back
Top Bottom