June heading west 3 weeks + | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June heading west 3 weeks +

Love it.

Motorcycle Advance 1-800-245-8726 Mike Mandle info@motorcycleexpress.com Motorcycle Express
Deal is good $695 US all in including tax and Dangerous Goods is a good deal but there is not a lot of info on where to drop bike at Pearson and where to pick up at Calgary
mikem@clickandbind.com

They are really need to reverse their procedure and provide drop off and pick up info before requiring a deposit. So far I've filled in their requests. I'm supposed to get an email package tomorrow with full details.

In Vancouver waiting for my flight to Toronto. Mountains look great and weather above normal temp. Hope that holds for 3 weeks.

Yup always

...and hope the forests doesn't catch fire...!

One reason I'm going early ...it already is much higher temps than normal

Speaking of weather ....WTF with the single digits ...it's mid may FFS!!!!

Starting prep now ...bike was pretty dusty from sitting for many months.

At least my luggage issue is solved cheaply - an old 20 litre tank bag fits nicely slightly back on the pillion and lets me still crank my leg through without much issue.

Clean up when the weather warms a bit but know what I need to do now.

I'll be riding Hamiton to Vancouver and back in July/Aug.

'Save me some road..

Sitting here bored on the night shift thinking... Maybe do an IBA during my trip...
1000 miles in under 24 hrs....
Easy-peasy...

not my cuppa at my age. Will be happy with 500-700 km on the main roads and loafing in the pretty parts. ?

Finally warm enough to wash the bike from its winter sleep and try some luggage..

Not the final config ....I'm going to turn the pillion bag sideways. Will use it for rain gear, lube, my jack and bits and bobs that don't mind getting wet 93 liters of storage - that lots

CsBhTxkDjMENgCKLA5c_iG_GR5Ahwq3CVDfxohz5jVUJPd8kA6KlnDGMJYVlAie6iI2s4wQcWitateupzkJ8ZOtf2XoPcaBE1wD_Q327VKtAWuCSpo2I7cWeQfP2ml6S0vKoy1RWIE0tOgikMJ1_PW1Jwl5_Rv4nbqVr4OnbOkO7eHdLMeD7QHAQnHpss-810-gLDhRnhH1KXOrJ9mvd2t6_fEb3py4EyqbhJBqX8AfPaBAcMRD3-CzetgMKQS_lPKeGtxoG5Q9zjfQWMd4M-1QA4S9T4I3cjG77MQ5wMU_LNtwjmttEvD-DZe9trDWxrLlZwy1oTIjOv7aYn8NA4xNZdvTuKphHLMz4twBA2kCdDahpnrueo42cKIAidA5tZVbasq-vUA1JeXqVXyZvPMVCvKfRn_qqMbWS9IJjg4ZtOCVtHpMb6e1U-FM5EP0llX66XR1ax64EmRovPehhITd7O45NaRYysoGT8dwCcznOe3zohjo7scfJhx4CIsBw63pEAuIUr8N1Pg4XTZNvbM8ooAh9zhkoAETEY2Uk_2KcJr8uPuLPLwbnaoqZP1y1BqwyEyrR9eLPnSmIRmEpZ0y5DmYi3B6a5NXwd5w-X9xYC2kNXzIEmJMR10J0aiFsVGwApJ27IFrO2y88GCvfJk2BQQW1baI9=w1379-h970-no

works the charm once adjusted - made the chain easy to lube

Thought there was room -

can be filled without removing ( Vstrom could be as well )

cockpit is busy but for once nothing is blocked by the nav.

Last edited:
Forgive me but what is that orange appendage on the right rear?

Wow - got my coritsone injection yesterday for the shoulder I damaged coming off the bike on a forest road a few years ago. - has been aching a lot lately ...hurt quite a bit in the evening around the injection site but slept okay- no specific area. Was achy when when riding in Australia especially towards the end of a long day even with Celebrex in me.

Woke up with a new shoulder :) No other drugs in my system ---:giggle:?

I really wish a trip like this was in my plans. Perhaps some day. In the mean time looking forward to seeing how your trip plays out.
Enjoy the ride!

Why not ?? family commitments?? Most get 3 weeks off.

Yes 3 weeks off per year but Italy this year for two weeks so this years out. Wife would like to spend holidays with me. I don’t get it. I wouldn’t ! Haha

She’ll go for a ride for an afternoon but that’s it. It’s not for everyone.
Did 6 days to the dragon last year. Great trip But 2 - 3 weeks away would be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom