Jevco/Intact Clients -- What's your before and after premium? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jevco/Intact Clients -- What's your before and after premium?

$1280 seems exceptionally high on that bike under the old Jevco rates -- I would have expected you to be closer to $750 on a basic policy with the old Jevco rates from 2012. Were there any surcharges stated on the old Jevco policy?

Nope. It was years of getting screwed over. I got the larger price from a broker at Dalton Timms who at the time was the only people who would insure my old bike without moving my car over. Then I found John Duffy. They quoted me the low price. I called back Dalton and ask them who I was being quoted through and they said Jevco. That's when I told them another broker quoted me much less using Jevco as well. She said she would call me back and when she did she quoted me the exactly the same as Duffy. It was so late in the season I didn't insure at all. Then intact bought jevco. I called Duffy again this year, and now that's what I'm paying.

This is my signature

Wow, that's a fantastic rate! It almost seems too good to be true . . . I hope they didn't mess up :S Something seems really off about the Personal quotes people are getting, but for your sake I hope they're correct.

I was pleasantly surprised with the rate too. I asked him to repeat what coverage is included and the price. I also have my car insured with them, so that probably helps (already covered for liability on car?). I told my BIL to call them for a quote as well, and he got similar rates. I'm ecstatic to say the least.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised with the rate too. I asked him to repeat what coverage is included and the price. I also have my car insured with them, so that probably helps (already covered for liability on car?). I told my BIL to call them for a quote as well, and he got similar rates. I'm ecstatic to the least.
That's interesting. Actually was on the phone today looking to insure a CBR250 having recently done rider training. When MTO issues M2 September 30th, insuring the bike will be $787 for liability only. One accident on record, no convictions; pleasantly surprised. I too have my car insured with them.

The personal may be giving you good rates now, but their service after a claim is horrible.

Went from 1500 last year to 1700 for 2014 on sport touring with Intact...then in 4 months it changes to $1000/yr (turn 30)

wtf?

but they wont change my rate in may...they want to make me pay the 1700 for the year...

Does anyone know the calculation for intact penalty? Im thinking of insuring for a few months, cancelling and renewing at 30.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom