Jevco/Intact Clients -- What's your before and after premium? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jevco/Intact Clients -- What's your before and after premium?

Operator Age: 23
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 3
Claims or Convictions? 0
GTA or Outside GTA? Etobicoke
Bike Year, Make, Model: '09 Ninja 250
Old Jevco Premium: $2400
New Intact Premium: $2600

Operator Age: 34
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 7
Claims or Convictions?: 0
GTA or Outside GTA?: GTA
Bike Year, Make, Model: 1986 BMW K75
Old Jevco Premium: $630
New Intact Premium: $860

My renewal was in April, forget the exact date, but it doesn't matter because I switched to RBC who also offered me $630, and had better liability coverage to boot.

Last edited:
My premium went up a bit but not enough for me to worry. I may search for something better but in no rush.

Operator Age: 34
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 5
Claims or Convictions?: 0
GTA or Outside GTA?: GTA
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2000 VFR800
Old Jevco Premium: $690
New Intact Premium: $760

Last edited:
Operator Age: 25
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 6
Claims or Convictions? no
GTA or Outside GTA? outside, living in Belleville
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2004 Honda VFR 800
Old Jevco Premium: $1860 when 23
New Intact Premium: $2500 at 24 or $1900 if I waited until I got 25

Now with the personal for $1150

I need to say that my insurance started on the april 16 and my birthday was on May 30 but that Jevco gave 1 month of grace for insurance. Its why I put the three quote as I only had to wait 2 weeks to fall under the magic 25 year.

FYI, I currently have insurance with Jevco/Intact for a Japanese import bike. After reading this thread I called Desjardins and found out they will only insure import bikes only if appraised AND proof of import documents for the bike. I called a second time to get a quote on a 1993 CBR600 F2, and they won't insure it because it's considered a Super Sports bike.

Booo!

Exact, desjardins/the personnal (same company) don't insure sport bike but if you have your business with them and say your leaving they may reconsider their decision. It happened to my roommate, he decided to switch anyway.

I am VERY ****** at the rate change. I was 25 when I got a quote for a 92 CBR F2 at just under $700/yr. Being so old Jevco considered it a regular bike. By the time I got a F2 intact bought jevco and my rate went up to ~$1600. I could have gotten a nice zx12 and insurance would have been less than $100 more than the F2 at melonche monnex.

Operator Age: 25
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 8
Claims or Convictions? 1 (15 over)
GTA or Outside GTA? outside
Bike Year, Make, Model: 1992 CBR F2
Old Jevco Premium: ~700
New Intact Premium: ~1600

Thanks for the posts everyone! I will likely be reviewing the motorcycle rates for my employer soon and I wouldn't mind attempting to bring in some ex-Jevco clients with premiums more comparable to what they paid in the Jevco days :)

Although I have not been with Jevco for several years I would be interested in quotes from any company that offers more competitive rates for their motorcycle coverage. If you are successful and bring lower rates in by year-end please let me know which company you are with so I can get a quote when my policy comes up for renewal next February.

Operator Age: 39
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 10
Claims or Convictions? 1 claim in 2012, 1 conviction in 2012
GTA or Outside GTA? GTA
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2011 Suzuki DL650
Old Jevco Premium: rose from $840 to $1900
New Intact Premium: $1130

On a related note, I have to get new home insurance and disability/life insurance within the next few weeks.
My spouse already has auto, condo, life/disability with Intact.
I'm curious about what kind of a bulk deal we will get if we combine it all.

Hi Shane -- I don't understand how your old Jevco premium went from $840 to $1900? Is that when you migrated from Jevco to Kingsway, and if so, what is the $1130 premium? Also, were you getting any dscounts (Select Rider or Renewal)? Did you have Collision and/or Comprehensive coverage? Thanks!

Operator Age: 39
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 10
Claims or Convictions? 1 claim in 2012, 1 conviction in 2012
GTA or Outside GTA? GTA
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2011 Suzuki DL650
Old Jevco Premium: rose from $840 to $1900
New Intact Premium: $1130

On a related note, I have to get new home insurance and disability/life insurance within the next few weeks.
My spouse already has auto, condo, life/disability with Intact.
I'm curious about what kind of a bulk deal we will get if we combine it all.

Hi Shane -- I don't understand how your old Jevco premium went from $840 to $1900? Is that when you migrated from Jevco to Kingsway, and if so, what is the $1130 premium? Also, were you getting any dscounts (Select Rider or Renewal)? Did you have Collision and/or Comprehensive coverage? Thanks!

I think his premium went up because of the claim and ticket that year.

I called and got a quote for $1100, per year for a 1340CC Harley FLH. I called "The Personal" and got a quote of $300. For the YEAR>>>>
Guess where I'm going....

I called and got a quote for $1100, per year for a 1340CC Harley FLH. I called "The Personal" and got a quote of $300. For the YEAR>>>>
Guess where I'm going....

The quote from The Personal doesn't look right to me . . . that seems way too low. For your sake I hope it's correct though! :)

Personal is group insurance... So your employers group rating also comes into effect.... Still that's does look dodgy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Operator Age: 40
Claims or Convictions? 1
GTA or Outside GTA? Mississauga
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2009 Cruiser 900cc
Old Jevco Premium: 880
New Intact Premium: 989

Above was full coverage with 2mil liablity.

Called the Personal and when he told me the price I had to ask the guy to repeat himself.

$351
no collision. $480 full coverage with 2 mil liability.

Same as most others, my rate went up without any change in my details. Switched to Allstate

Operator Age: 29
Claims or Convictions? 0
First Three Digits of Postal Code: L4J
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2006 Yamaha FZ6
Liability Limit ($1M, $2M, etc.): $1M
Comprehensive Coverage (Y/N)? Y
Collision Coverage (Y/N)? Y
Old Jevco Premium: $1579
New Intact Premium: $1750

Mine went down
Male :31 years
13th riding year full M for 8 years
1981 cb750f
Jevco $1,280 basic
Intact $780. basic

This is my signature

Mine went down
Male :31 years
13th riding year full M for 8 years
1981 cb750f
Jevco $1,280 basic
Intact $780. basic

This is my signature

$1280 seems exceptionally high on that bike under the old Jevco rates -- I would have expected you to be closer to $750 on a basic policy with the old Jevco rates from 2012. Were there any surcharges stated on the old Jevco policy?

Same as most others, my rate went up without any change in my details. Switched to Allstate

Operator Age: 29
Claims or Convictions? 0
First Three Digits of Postal Code: L4J
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2006 Yamaha FZ6
Liability Limit ($1M, $2M, etc.): $1M
Comprehensive Coverage (Y/N)? Y
Collision Coverage (Y/N)? Y
Old Jevco Premium: $1579
New Intact Premium: $1750

What rate did Allstate charge?

Operator Age: 40
Claims or Convictions? 1
GTA or Outside GTA? Mississauga
Bike Year, Make, Model: 2009 Cruiser 900cc
Old Jevco Premium: 880
New Intact Premium: 989

Above was full coverage with 2mil liablity.

Called the Personal and when he told me the price I had to ask the guy to repeat himself.

$351
no collision. $480 full coverage with 2 mil liability.

Wow, that's a fantastic rate! It almost seems too good to be true . . . I hope they didn't mess up :S Something seems really off about the Personal quotes people are getting, but for your sake I hope they're correct.

Back
Top Bottom