Its spring and... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Its spring and...

TK4

I didn't change out the summer turn signal fluid or the air in the tires when I put my bike away last fall.
I did put the battery in the freezer so it wouldn't overheat on my battery tender, lubed the chain with bacon grease and changed the oil with some stuff I bought at TSC for $0.89/litre.
The tires are all weather cracked - I know they're 10 years old but I covered them with Armor-All.
Now it won't start - what have I forgotten ?

You forgot to not put it away and do the VTom.

Plug in a non working Apple MacBook via Firewire to get the codes and look them up using a working Windows PC.

Than hook up a Linux box on a USB stick to reset the codes and re-calibrate your sensors.

I can't believe no one mentioned greasing your axle sticks. Do we need to write instructions in San scrit?

don't know, seems like you covered it all

Did you add some fresh diesel to the tank?

Did you add some fresh diesel to the tank?

Maybe install a block heater. It's supposed to be getting cold again.

I didn't change out the summer turn signal fluid or the air in the tires when I put my bike away last fall.
I did put the battery in the freezer so it wouldn't overheat on my battery tender, lubed the chain with bacon grease and changed the oil with some stuff I bought at TSC for $0.89/litre.
The tires are all weather cracked - I know they're 10 years old but I covered them with Armor-All.
Now it won't start - what have I forgotten ?
Take the Vaseline out of her tailpipe.

Dude.. Muffler bearings. Swap out the cold weather muffler bearings for the warm weather muffler bearings.

Disaster averted.

Back
Top Bottom