Is Doug ford done? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Doug ford done?

Ford clamped down on private gatherings in bad behaving areas. Peel, Toronto and Ottawa are now limited to 10 inside & 25 outside. I think the good behaving areas look like they can stay at 50 and 100.

Ford clamped down on private gatherings in bad behaving areas. Peel, Toronto and Ottawa are now limited to 10 inside & 25 outside. I think the good behaving areas look like they can stay at 50 and 100.
Whats stopping people from Toronto peel etc just crossing into a neighbouring suburb and partying it up at a friend's place there?

Whats stopping people from Toronto peel etc just crossing into a neighbouring suburb and partying it up at a friend's place there?
Nothing. It's whack-a-mole. It would have been nice to confine those regions from recreational travel outside, but logistically that is almost impossible (and politically, oh my god, the whining that would happen would make my 3 year old seem sane and reasonable).

Nothing. It's whack-a-mole. It would have been nice to confine those regions from recreational travel outside, but logistically that is almost impossible (and politically, oh my god, the whining that would happen would make my 3 year old seem sane and reasonable).
The responsible people that live in those other areas?

The responsible people that live in those other areas?
I'm not sure york is any more responsible. I think it is a combination of lower population density and a bit of luck. Remember, we arent talking about the average responsibility here, we are slapping the dumbest few percent.

EDIT:
Scarpitti is on the same page. He has asked ford to lower limits in york so they dont become party central. To be honest, I dont think it is a bad plan to include a buffer zone around hotspots as a matter of course. It helps to keep the stupidity toned down.

Last edited:
The new fines are steep. Hope they publicize the **** out of it when it inevitably happens to get the word out this **** is real, as are the big ticket costs of flaunting things.

"returning former finance minister Rod Phillips to cabinet in the key role of minister of long-term care."
Phillips, who resigned as finance minister on Dec. 31 after a pandemic vacation to the Caribbean island of St. Barts,

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...on vacation

Ford’s popularity has returned to an all time high.

he’s shuffling some strong people int cabinet, something we need.

Unions are ****** at new rules, they want to control the agenda. I like the new restrictions, the are not political parties and should not have the opportunity to impact elections.

your thoughts?

Ford’s popularity has returned to an all time high.

he’s shuffling some strong people int cabinet, something we need.

Unions are ****** at new rules, they want to control the agenda. I like the new restrictions, the are not political parties and should not have the opportunity to impact elections.

your thoughts?
So a bunch of people who donate to a group that they support CAN buy an add agreeing or disagreeing with the government.....and some can't? Why? Do you think the use of the notwithstanding clause is something that should be used to prop up a government?

Nope. Conservatives will come back..

We need to give a party NOT liberal or conservative a try. The action of these two parties feel like the "same coin".

Nope. Conservatives will come back..

We need to give a party NOT liberal or conservative a try. The action of these two parties feel like the "same coin".
I dislike parties in general, I would rather have real independents that can have theirtheirq own ideas. That being said the alternatives to con/lib are quackpots. The centre is very busy so to get any action alternative parties need to exist far away from centre. They also get to spout stupid hair brained ideas as they know they will never have to implement them (and most are impossible so they couldnt be implemented as proposed).

So a bunch of people who donate to a group that they support CAN buy an add agreeing or disagreeing with the government.....and some can't? Why? Do you think the use of the notwithstanding clause is something that should be used to prop up a government?
That’s what I don’t understand about the NWC…so the unions can’t prop up the Liberals….but rich independent owners / citizens can prop up the conservatives?

School boards should stay out of politics
I just realized this was a resurrection thread. FWIW I recently had a conversation with a friend that is fairly high in the federal system, having written speeches for numerous politicians over a number of different leaders.

She isn't allowed to be a member of any political party or make political statements. As it should be.

Teachers should be the same.

That’s what I don’t understand about the NWC…so the unions can’t prop up the Liberals….but rich independent owners / citizens can prop up the conservatives?
This game has been going on forever. Each party in power lays traps or passes legislation to harm the other down the road.

Back
Top Bottom