Introduction | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introduction

Welcome to to forum!!!

You have already been given some good advice by some of our seasoned members.

Great that your parents are on board with you getting a bike. Respect that and take it slow. You do not want to make this the first and last bike you buy for obvious reasons. Unless you really end up not liking the sport or the motorcycle community. You will quickly learn that we are a great bunch of guys and girls on here and when out riding.

Show respect to others when on rides and on this forum. If you start being cocky and showing off (once you are comfortable to to join group rides) you will most likely be asked to leave or not be invited to other rides.

Just like on this forum, treat other members with respect and appreciate and take in the advice you are given. Many of our members have been riding and working on bikes for longer than you have been on this earth.

Show a nasty know-it-all attitude (if and when asking for advise) and you will quickly learn that the answers given will be much different, if given at all.

There are many thread examples where new members came on here and conducted themselves respectfully, asked for help and were given good advice. Some guys even offered to help wrench on their bike, help with delivering bike from sellers or lending tools out etc.

As for your bike.
This time you can tell your parents that they are wrong. Your first bike does not need to be a new bike. There is nothing wrong with a used bike.
Chances are you can buy a used bike an still sell it in 1-2 year for the same or very similar price. Not loosing much $$$ on it while gaining lots valuable experience.

As a new rider, your insurance will be expensive. Pick a few bikes as possibilities and call around for different quotes. You may realize that the bike you want has a really high insurance premium. You may be forced to go with your 2nd choice. (unless $ in not an issue)

Don't forget to set aside some $$$ for good gear. Yes, even used gear can be good gear. You do not need to be a model for any 1 specific brand. Better being protected then looking good.
Thanks for the welcome I got some good news. I’m too much of a dumbass to be a know it all lmao and I’m not one for showing off I like to take it easy and have my fun through other means. I have a feeling I’m gonna get along great with this community. I’m definitely gonna take it slow and I’ll make sure to look for good gear as well

As for your bike.
This time you can tell your parents that they are wrong. Your first bike does not need to be a new bike. There is nothing wrong with a used bike.
Chances are you can buy a used bike an still sell it in 1-2 year for the same or very similar price. Not loosing much $$$ on it while gaining lots valuable experience.

As a new rider, your insurance will be expensive. Pick a few bikes as possibilities and call around for different quotes. You may realize that the bike you want has a really high insurance premium. You may be forced to go with your 2nd choice. (unless $ in not an issue)

Don't forget to set aside some $$$ for good gear. Yes, even used gear can be good gear. You do not need to be a model for any 1 specific brand. Better being protected then looking good.
^This

Welcome, ride safe and enjoy. The season is almost upon us!

Welcome, ride safe and enjoy. The season is almost upon us!
I’m really excited for my first season all that’s left currently is trading in my car so my dad can get the car he wants and I’m not stuck paying the insurance and car payments on it. And he’s giving me the left over cash as my down payment.

I’m really excited for my first season all that’s left currently is trading in my car so my dad can get the car he wants and I’m not stuck paying the insurance and car payments on it. And he’s giving me the left over cash as my down payment.
What is your dad getting?

What is your dad getting?
He’s not sure yet but I know he’s been a big Hyundai Elantra guy for a long time so wouldn’t be surprised if he picks one up. Regardless my parents will owe me some money on it as the car being traded in is my own. They helped me in securing it but I still paid $9k out of pocket upfront and have been paying insurance and the rest of the car payments since

cuz my parents still want some sway in my life and they want me buying a new bike.
Hmmmm changes things- biggest advantage with new is ABS...most ADV bikes don't have it.
This looks like your best bet for fit and durability.
crf300l_rally_13335_extreme_red_front.png

Big enough for you just under 35" seat height.
Pretty much bullet proof
Has ABS
Cheap on gas ...I get 300 km on $10 worth of fuel.
It's the bike I would have replaced my KLR650 with if I had the coin.

Noraly moved to it last year after she broke her 250 in a S African rally.
Get inspired

The other one is the BMW 310GS 33.5 Seat height.

Maybe a bit more comfortable if it fits you and more street oriented. I took one out for an afternoon and enjoyed it. Would opt for it here $ permitting. Off pavement capable with more street comfort. Might be a bit quicker than the Honda and has ABS
23-GS-WhiteBlue.jpg

Gear ...my son cannot ride any more due to illness and might have some good gear for you. PM me if interested.
For fit reference for a bike for you - that's a KLR650 with a 35"seat height. He's 6'
Quite a while ago...was a stretch for me to ride with a 30" inseam but had lots of sag,:rolleyes:
Pasted Graphic 1.tiff

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom