Interview Delayed Until Further notice. That cant be good, but what does it mean? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interview Delayed Until Further notice. That cant be good, but what does it mean?

ariesmars

I applied for a job, got a call back to schedule an interview but they called this afternoon say it's delayed until further notice. Could it be they filled the position or am I being rejected? Does anyone have experience with this?

Much appreciated.

I applied for a job, got a call back to schedule an interview but they called this afternoon say it's delayed until further notice. Could it be they filled the position or am I being rejected? Does anyone have experience with this?

Much appreciated.

Could be because your interviewer is unavailable for a variety of reasons. Hard to say.

this has happend to me, my reason was that the interviewer was double booked for the same time so they moved my interview o the following week.

Or it could be a budget issue. Sometimes we have to pull positions based on budgetary constraints handed down "from above". I wouldn't worry though..more likely it's as OpenGambit and 6ix said..probably just unavailable. People applying or waiting for an interview often read too much into the story..it's life and death for the applicant, not so much on the other side. :)

Or it could be a budget issue. Sometimes we have to pull positions based on budgetary constraints handed down "from above". I wouldn't worry though..more likely it's as OpenGambit and 6ix said..probably just unavailable. People applying or waiting for an interview often read too much into the story..it's life and death for the applicant, not so much on the other side. :)

Ive seen it happen with budget issues. Do a quick search in the business pages to see if there's any mergers or acquisitions taking place.

Typical HR douchebaggery jerking people around, surprise factor zero.

I'm with mikbusa on this one. "delayed until further notice" has a rather dismissive ring to it. If the interviewer can't schedule a timely interview, then he/she should give you some idea of when you might be able to expect one - assuming they are intending to give you one. If they're not, they should say so, up front - rather than leave you hanging. I'd be getting back to them and requesting that they clarify their position.

...I'd be getting back to them and requesting that they clarify their position.

That might be a good idea...it is possible that the manager is just unavailable for this day too, and the message wasn't exactly 'delayed until further notice' but, more like we'll call you. So hopefully...

Thanks Yall.

Last edited:

Ya it sounds like it. If it was just a time conflict they would simply reschedule you. Instead they made it really vague. It could be that they are having a hiring freeze now and this position might get affected... No matter what it is, good luck buddy. Hope everything will work out for you.

end of the fiscal year is coming up....so depts try to burn through their alloted budget so next year they dont get trimmed. This is when a lot of new equipment purchases and hiring happens because usually everyone runs trim so they dont go over-budget and end up with surplus...

They might have thought they had a budget surplus and started the hiring process only for something to happen....the "....until further notice" thing tells me write this one off and keep looking else where.

Near the end of Summer
persons involved in the interview could be on Vacation

Until further notice = we found someone, but if he turns out to be a polished turd and we fire his sorry ***, we'll cal you......maybe.

That's not giving you a lot of info. Ask for example,
"Would it be reasonable to follow up with you in a couple of weeks?"
The answer to that is hopefully more useful.

or if they start skating around on the above, you could go for the jugular

"As a practical matter, should I start looking elsewhere?"
Now if they say "No No. Don't worry" that could be bogus, but if they say:

"Yes you should look elsewhere." - believe it!

Back
Top Bottom