Insurance Refunds from Desjardins | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Refunds from Desjardins

ReSTored

Just saw this, I have all vehicles covered by Desjardin and will be looking for a refund. My SUV mileage will be 25% or less than what I'm rated for and I may not be able to use my bike at all given evolving non essential travel rules.

I think all insurance companies should be doing the same.

Good luck with that . I'm sure there is teleconference to figure out how to play this to raise rates .

Called allstate for my auto and they are lowering rates and giving us a “reimbursement cheque”.

You as the customer will obviously have to be the one to ask for this as the companies will not let you know about it .

Called allstate for my auto and they are lowering rates and giving us a “reimbursement cheque”.

You as the customer will obviously have to be the one to ask for this as the companies will not let you know about it .

How much did you save ?

I'm giving it a few more days to see what the general offerings will look like from other insurance companies before emailing my broker (suggestion taken from my thread).

15% on a single vehicle policy is a start, hoping for much more on a policy with many 'recreational' vehicles.

This just in, from Allstate......

We’ve seen less driving and this is expected to continue throughout April and into May. We recognize that with fewer people driving, there are fewer collisions on our roads. As a result, we are giving money back to our customers. We are working to get these payments issued as quickly as possible and all qualifying customers can expect to receive a cheque in the mail in May. There is no need to call in to receive the payment.

This just in, from Allstate......

We’ve seen less driving and this is expected to continue throughout April and into May. We recognize that with fewer people driving, there are fewer collisions on our roads. As a result, we are giving money back to our customers. We are working to get these payments issued as quickly as possible and all qualifying customers can expect to receive a cheque in the mail in May. There is no need to call in to receive the payment.
This is the end of Allstate letter:

What vehicles are eligible?

Any personal vehicles such as cars and SUV’s. Recreational vehicles such as motorcycles and snowmobiles do not qualify.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There's no way there isn't a catch. If insurance was in in the business of keeping people happy and being fair, none of us would be paying the rates we currently are or have been for years, bike or car... It's all BS.

Yeah there will be an about face once this gets back to normal. They'll claim they lost X amount of money, including any money they returned as justification of raising rates.

Douggie said he is going to start pushing. Expect insurance companies to start volunteering something so douggie doesnt get to pick the number. Upon resolution of this mess, expect crazy price increases.

This is the end of Allstate letter:

What vehicles are eligible?

Any personal vehicles such as cars and SUV’s. Recreational vehicles such as motorcycles and snowmobiles do not qualify.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Perfect. I just transferred my bikes out of my Allstate policy and kept the cars. Works for me.

Yes Allstate, sent me the email as well. It covers personal vehicles, (cars, pickups, SUV). Motorcycles AND snow machines are NOT included.

It is 25% of your monthly premium so about $30 per month for 90 DAYS. Says the cheque will be in the mail for May. Not sure why instead of issuing all those cheques, just deduct the total from yearly premium, and adjust withdrawals. Instead of sending a cheque that I then have to leave the house and touch an ATM to deposit. Do it all virtually.

Allstate also says it does NOT include home policies.

No such letter from my business insurer

Allstate wiil be sending another refund Aug 5.
Monnex has definitely not sent me refunds. Buggers. My car moves about once a week but I need to keep it insured as often the one time it moves is important and the other vehicle may not be available.

There are some interesting things going on inside insurance companies right now. Don’t for a minute think this is an altruistic move.

insurance is highly regulated, premiums are justified based on their ratio to payouts. Payouts are waaaay down, this will mean justifying rates gets tougher. By giving back a portion of the savings, the insurers manage the premium to claim ratio so the will not have to cut rates in the future.

Not much we can do, it’s a dance between them and the regulator. Personally I’d prefer to see my rates go down by 25% next year as opposed to getting a $100 rebate today.

My wife's car has basically not left the driveway since March.
Insurance said I could get a rebate.
Haven't seen one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Haha, you guys are talking about refunds.. I just got a renewal quote and it is 24+% more for the next year. Nothing changed in the policy, no tickets, claims or anything. Going to call them next week and ask wth is going on here.

Yeah there will be an about face once this gets back to normal. They'll claim they lost X amount of money, including any money they returned as justification of raising rates.

My math:

Last year the SUV was $1092

Refund cheque a month or two back was a few bucks. I can't recall the exact number but under $50.

I just got my renewal, no tickets, claims or change in status other than a year older........$1240

+ $148 / 14%

Thanks

Edit: Refund was $27.40.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom