Insurance Refunds from Desjardins | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Refunds from Desjardins

ReSTored

So, I started the thread about 4 months ago. New SUV in March with annual premium of $1,240; 2 refunds so far; $88 in June; another $42 in late July for a total of $130 or about 10%. We'll have to see if further refunds are coming.

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
My math:

Last year the SUV was $1092

Refund cheque a month or two back was a few bucks. I can't recall the exact number but under $50.

I just got my renewal, no tickets, claims or change in status other than a year older........$1240

+ $148 / 14%

Thanks

Edit: Refund was $27.40.
What SUV?
I think I'm being raped by Dejardens (sp?)
~$2000 / year for a 2005 Honda Pilot

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Iceman

What SUV?

I'm paying just under 1200 per year for a 2014 Toyota venza, full coverage with Td. You're getting bent over...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
I'm paying just under 1200 per year for a 2014 Toyota venza, full coverage with Td. You're getting bent over...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
He's in Da Bridge. Not exactly known as the land of affordable insurance (nor stop signs that mean anything).

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
What SUV?

Ok, that is even worse than I thought. Just got renewal. We have two vehicles ~5 years old (one with replacement value insurance) and pay less than that for the pair.

ReSTored

What SUV? I think I'm being raped by Dejardens (sp?) ~$2000 / year for a 2005 Honda Pilot
I was paying about $900 for my 2013 Highlander and now $1,250 for my new 2020 Kia Telluride. It's up to you to check out premiums at a few companies to ensure you're not being ripped off. It would take you about an hour to get 3 quotes and then you'll know. Where you live and your driving record has a huge impact on your premium.

JFD

Why are people comparing insurance quotes based on just the car type?

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Why are people comparing insurance quotes based on just the car type?
We're not....really.
I was just asking as a very general idea....Restored/ GG / Ice all know that they are around the same age as I with about the same record.
Although I am for sure in a more expensive location.
But when your SUV is ~$1000 cheaper than mine and it's 10-15 years newer, it tells me that I need to start to shop around.

Top Bottom