Insurance on a motorcycle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance on a motorcycle

Spike the tyres and ride it on back lakes.

lol the text virus thing finally caught up with the brit spelling of tyerz

Last edited:
Another option you could always take the CBR to the track.
Yeah but then I have to tow it there, its such a hassle. Maybe in the future I will buy a track bike but right now I just want to get more experience riding on the road and just in general!

Maybe, but he still may be further ahead selling the nice looking street bike and buying a track bike. It would probably be even money, but while he would downgrade in appearance, he would gain in thousands of dollars of useful parts (suspension, fibreglass body etc).
Yeah. More focused on riding, when Im older I will for sure be more interested in buying a track bike.

:cool:
4139d1380488557-ice-studding-170733_569032698249_7690320_o.jpg

A CBR is not the most hairy of the 600s, but it's probably going to cost you more than the bike is itsef for a single year's insurance.

The best advice I have it to switch to an R3 (or anything <=300cc, you'll need to ride bikes that size without tickets and claims till you turn 25 before insurance gets to a reasonable price. If you want the cheapest insurance, try a <=300cc cruiser or enduro -- they are easier and safer for beginners.

It's also a good idea to master a small bike before stepping up -- good for your safety and driving record.
I got an R3! I sold my CBR and I bought an R3!

Excellent choice, if you feel like you want a bit more 'zip' you can swap out the throttle tube for an r6 version, it's a direct fit. $20 part on ebay and takes maybe half hr if you're not used to using your hands to wrench on stuff. Get's ride of all that 'dead play' the r3's have when you twist the throttle.

Great! Now you need to share your story (and the cost difference) for with all the new riders planning their first motorcycle purchase.

Hopefully you can enjoy the few good days we have left this season.

Back
Top Bottom