Insurance on a motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance on a motorcycle

Hi guys. Im a new joiner to this site. My uncle actually recommended it to me because he used to ride.
Im 19 years old and I bought my first motorcycle. My bike is a 2006 Honda CBR F4I I'm currently trying to find an insurance company that will insure me.
My only other option is to sell my bike and buy a 300cc, currently looking at a Yamaha R3, I have gotten better insurance quotes on it. I don't want to get rid of my CBR..
if anybody knows any insurance company's out there that will insure me for a reasonable price. Other then that, if your looking to buy a CBR let me know!

A CBR is not the most hairy of the 600s, but it's probably going to cost you more than the bike is itsef for a single year's insurance.

The best advice I have it to switch to an R3 (or anything <=300cc, you'll need to ride bikes that size without tickets and claims till you turn 25 before insurance gets to a reasonable price. If you want the cheapest insurance, try a <=300cc cruiser or enduro -- they are easier and safer for beginners.

It's also a good idea to master a small bike before stepping up -- good for your safety and driving record.

The short answer is no.
The longer answer is that you will find insurance somewhere the price will be about the same as buying a new 600SS every year.

Get the 300 and pay your dues. Things will not really get somewhat reasonable on the 600ss for 6 years of continuous insurance.

On the upside..... the 300 will be a blast.
yeah I already put my bike up for sale, going to use the money to buy the R3

A CBR is not the most hairy of the 600s, but it's probably going to cost you more than the bike is itsef for a single year's insurance.

The best advice I have it to switch to an R3 (or anything <=300cc, you'll need to ride bikes that size without tickets and claims till you turn 25 before insurance gets to a reasonable price. If you want the cheapest insurance, try a <=300cc cruiser or enduro -- they are easier and safer for beginners.

It's also a good idea to master a small bike before stepping up -- good for your safety and driving record.
thanks for the advice, I have a lot of buddys that ride dirty but I cant stress my parents out like that. So im selling it.

buy the R3 and insure/ride it for a few years
get your full M and a few years of clean riding under your belt

keep the F4I if you can, then move up into it
still won't be cheap to insure, but it will be better than now

Sadly you bought your second bike first :|
The R3 is nice.

buddys that ride dirty are idiots, good on you for not being an idiot.
I know... Whats crazy is I learned how to ride on my 600. I did the M2 course at centennial college on a 300, it was baby food. lol.

buy the R3 and insure/ride it for a few years
get your full M and a few years of clean riding under your belt

keep the F4I if you can, then move up into it
still won't be cheap to insure, but it will be better than now
Thanks for the advice

I know! also looking for people to ride with who are legal!
Spend some time getting street wise on your own. Riding with others can be eventful, even stressful. Get those reaction skills up in case things take a turn for the worst.

My $.02

thanks for the advice, I have a lot of buddys that ride dirty but I cant stress my parents out like that. So im selling it.
A sensible 19 year old? WTF?

Seriously -- great decision my friend. Get yourself an R3, come back and arrange a ride with some old farts here that ride clean and have managed to stay upright for decades.

What a refreshing thread versus the way these threads usually go where the advice is casually dismissed because it doesn't fit the OP's desires.

Good on you Samni. Go ride the wheels off the R3 - remember, a riders true skill isn't in just going fast in a straight line.

On that topic, consider some advanced rider training. The M1X courses (if you took one, hopefully you did) lay a good foundation but do not substitute for some advanced training after the fact. And it's fun as hell.

What a refreshing thread versus the way these threads usually go where the advice is casually dismissed because it doesn't fit the OP's desires.

Good on you Samni. Go ride the wheels off the R3 - remember, a riders true skill isn't in just going fast in a straight line.

On that topic, consider some advanced rider training. The M1X courses (if you took one, hopefully you did) lay a good foundation but do not substitute for some advanced training after the fact. And it's fun as hell.
dude I took that course, it was so much fun, it was way better then driving school lol. Bro it was the best choice, I made lots of friends and I made 0 mistakes on the final exam.

A sensible 19 year old? WTF?

Seriously -- great decision my friend. Get yourself an R3, come back and arrange a ride with some old farts here that ride clean and have managed to stay upright for decades.
trust me man, Im not stupid when it comes to stuff like that. I have friends that dont have their drivers license or bike license, but they still drive. I dont like to take risks.

"Another option you could always take the CBR to the track. " jayv
excellent idea!
Maybe, but he still may be further ahead selling the nice looking street bike and buying a track bike. It would probably be even money, but while he would downgrade in appearance, he would gain in thousands of dollars of useful parts (suspension, fibreglass body etc).

Back
Top Bottom