Increased hwy speed limit | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Increased hwy speed limit

The problem here is that everyone overestimates their limits and abilities.

I think the worst riders/drivers are the foreigners like us. Many European countries (like Germany, Austria) I've visited take driving and the rules more seriously then here. There is a much more notable skill involved somehow.

So yes, we're doomed here in Ontario unfortunately.

After that 44Teeth episode and subsequent research I vowed to never visit the police state of Switzerland. No road or scenic views are worth the suffocating regulation that goes on there.

We have our own scenic views and wilderness here in Canada minus the "your papers, please" mentality of that place.

After that 44Teeth episode and subsequent research I vowed to never visit the police state of Switzerland. No road or scenic views are worth the suffocating regulation that goes on there.

We have our own scenic views and wilderness here in Canada minus the "your papers, please" mentality of that place.

You’re going to have the same issue in plenty of countries. In Europe it’s less tolerance for speeding, in Central/South America it’s the excuse to pull you over to solicit a bribe. If I go somewhere new I mostly follow what the locals are doing.

Seriously wouldn't let it deter you from experiencing the Swiss Alps. The worst part is the ridiculously high prices for everything... it's not a cheap place, so best to pass through after a day or so if riding. The memories there are unforgettable (in a good way). Here's a ride report of the 2013 trip I did if interested: Europe 2013 - 13 day loop through the Dolomites, Alps and Vercors

I think the worst riders/drivers are the foreigners like us. Many European countries (like Germany, Austria) I've visited take driving and the rules more seriously then here. There is a much more notable skill involved somehow.

So yes, we're doomed here in Ontario unfortunately.
I find Europe more restrictive. I worked in several European countries and paid a lot of hefty fines for travelling at the speed of traffic, mostly when I was running out of state plates.

In Canada you rarely get nabbed for going with the flow. I love a good romp and enjoy one almost every time I ride --I'm guessing a half million+ KM in ON at +speeds -- not a single ticket in 40 years.

Seriously wouldn't let it deter you from experiencing the Swiss Alps. The worst part is the ridiculously high prices for everything... it's not a cheap place, so best to pass through after a day or so if riding. The memories there are unforgettable (in a good way). Here's a ride report of the 2013 trip I did if interested: Europe 2013 - 13 day loop through the Dolomites, Alps and Vercors

Damn that trip looked top notch man, rather take in those views than speed through em.

Damn that trip looked top notch man, rather take in those views than speed through em.

100%! Probably easier not to speed as a tourist because of this vs a local who frequents the roads much more often.

I checked today and the new signs aren't posted yet.

Back
Top Bottom