In case you ever wondered, or were tempted | GTAMotorcycle.com

In case you ever wondered, or were tempted

Maybe they were filing a movie.

I saw the video on YouTube. Indications were that it was in Georgia and a deputy was injured by flying debris.

It does look like a movie stunt but from the perspective of the car driver the ramp and back stop of the tow truck would not have stood out against the pavement. With the truck ramp down normal flashers / light wouldn't be seen. Driver alertness could also be a factor.

Abnormal things also take longer for the brain to process.

It's June.

gaygenerallee.jpg

A good number of years ago I was crossing the 427 and noticed a worse than usual traffic jam. It was so hot the pavement expanded and one lane buckled up by what looked like a foot or two. Crews were working on it and I don't know if the section rose slowly or just popped up.

A good number of years ago I was crossing the 427 and noticed a worse than usual traffic jam. It was so hot the pavement expanded and one lane buckled up by what looked like a foot or two. Crews were working on it and I don't know if the section rose slowly or just popped up.

I remember back in the 80s there used to be a section of the QEW in the west end with a dangerous rise. It was almost a ramp if you took it with enough speed.

On school trips, our bus driver would try to catch air on that rise. Picture 40+ kids in the back, with no seatbelts on, hanging weightless in the air like those astronaut training sessions inside the airplane that flies up and down in parabolas to simulate zero-G in free fall.

We all thought it was a riot back then, but IIRC years later I heard a Corvette(?) launched itself into the oncoming lanes of the QEW.

They fixed that section of the road very soon after.

I remember back in the 80s there used to be a section of the QEW in the west end with a dangerous rise. It was almost a ramp if you took it with enough speed.

On school trips, our bus driver would try to catch air on that rise. Picture 40+ kids in the back, with no seatbelts on, hanging weightless in the air like those astronaut training sessions inside the airplane that flies up and down in parabolas to simulate zero-G in free fall.

We all thought it was a riot back then, but IIRC years later I heard a Corvette(?) launched itself into the oncoming lanes of the QEW.

That was the Humber River bridge eastbound at the monument. Traffic reports used the monument to Queen Liz I as a marker. The bridge has been rebuilt and re contoured. The monument was relocated to a nearby park.

School buses were particularly vulnerable with their long rear overhangs. They were like circus acts where a guy would stand on one side of a teeter totter and get launched by a couple of guys jumping on the other side. Every newbie driver got urged on by the kids that were more familiar with the route.

Oh yeah, the infamous Palace Pier hump. There were also undulations just east of there that could set up a harmonic in your suspension to give you a little air by the third or fourth one if you were going the right speed. I never did that again.

Back
Top Bottom