In Between Gloves Sizes | GTAMotorcycle.com

In Between Gloves Sizes

ecflipz

Hey guys! So I am a huge fan of Alphinestars, own their jacket and a gloves. However, I am conflicted to switch to other known brands since my hands are between their measured M and L. Based on their size chart and hand circumference, Medium 20.3-21.6cm and Large 21.6-22.9cm. I am right smack in the middle ~ 21.5cm

Own a SMX-1 Air gloves in medium. Really tight around the palms but the finger length is perfect. Large is perf around the palms but the finger length is tad too long in all fingers. While I also own SP8 in Large, it's quite loose on my hands and only index and thumbs are 1-2cm too long! While the medium fit perf around the hands, the V's or dips between fingers wouldn't even meet my hands, way too short! I don't understand ?‍♂️

Hard when stores are closed then online order and exchanges are a pain. Anyone have quick insights or have similar experiences?

IMG_6798.jpg

I don't have an answer but I've always wondered is it pronounced Al"pine"star or Al"pin"star. I always thought the latter.

I used to really like Alpinestars gloves (10 or 15 years ago), but they have gotten steadily less comfortable as they use more and more synthetic materials in place of leather in their low- and mid-range gloves. The synthetic stuff is a lot less flexible and never really breaks in the same way that leather does. I've been relatively pleased with Five and Rev'it, as two brands that fit similarly to Alpinestars.

Regardless of brand, gloves are one of those things that I usually want to buy in person. Even two pairs of the exact same model from the same brand often fit differently, to say nothing of two different models within the same brand.

Try other gloves that work for you, lots of quality ones out there. I had a set of those A*'s when I started riding, within 6 months the finger stitching and all came loose, luckily riders choice exchanged them. Maybe I got a lemon, and I do have alot of A* gear, however never their gloves again. I got a set of Klims, odd fit too, and the liner sucks, hate them. Then got a set of Five Gloves, they are very, very good. Lowsided twice in them, and the plastic sliders are a hand savers, still holding up, and the leather broke in very well, actually got loose. Five has some details that make them stand out imo, and they specialize in gloves.

Now got some Revit ones, and the fit is the best yet, was tight to start, however the leather broke in well. I have long fingers, so finding a set that fits isn't easy

Revit feel tighter around the palm for the same letter sizing (I have Dirt 3, Kodiak GTX and Stratos GTX). Also the fingers are better shaped than the SP8v2, which are just very boxy. I have the SP8-v2 and the Celer's. I also have Five RFX1's. I definitely feel the sp8-v2 are the odd ones out.

Icon gloves fit very different from Alpinestars so maybe you'll have luck there too.

Hey guys! So I am a huge fan of Alphinestars, own their jacket and a gloves. However, I am conflicted to switch to other known brands since my hands are between their measured M and L. Based on their size chart and hand circumference, Medium 20.3-21.6cm and Large 21.6-22.9cm. I am right smack in the middle ~ 21.5cm

Own a SMX-1 Air gloves in medium. Really tight around the palms but the finger length is perfect. Large is perf around the palms but the finger length is tad too long in all fingers. While I also own SP8 in Large, it's quite loose on my hands and only index and thumbs are 1-2cm too long! While the medium fit perf around the hands, the V's or dips between fingers wouldn't even meet my hands, way too short! I don't understand ?‍♂️

Hard when stores are closed then online order and exchanges are a pain. Anyone have quick insights or have similar experiences?

View attachment 48570
If your in-between sizes always get the larger glove. The smaller one will cut circulation and make your hands go numb.

I know what you mean about the alpinestars gloves...Ive had trouble with fitment with them before. Just bought a pair of Revit Arch gloves and they fit perfectly. Fortnine.ca has them for 85 bucks right now.

You have two options:
  1. Buy online and deal with returns/exchange if they don't fit
  2. Wait...
But, if I were in your position I would buy the two sizes and return the ones that did not fit. That way you only have to deal with a single return.
As we all know, what is in stock today, might not be in stock tomorrow...

If your in-between sizes always get the larger glove. The smaller one will cut circulation and make your hands go numb.
I go for the smaller sizes because I find with wear the gloves stretch out and after a few weeks of use they become perfect. This is why I’m stuck on the gloves from Velocity and am waiting to see if there is a chance to buy another XS set. Tried the M from a GTAMer and they were too loose. Size S might fit...not sure.

Revit feel tighter around the palm for the same letter sizing (I have Dirt 3, Kodiak GTX and Stratos GTX). Also the fingers are better shaped than the SP8v2, which are just very boxy. I have the SP8-v2 and the Celer's. I also have Five RFX1's. I definitely feel the sp8-v2 are the odd ones out.

Icon gloves fit very different from Alpinestars so maybe you'll have luck there too.
Glad I am not the only one! I was on the fence whether it was just the SP8's rather than the whole line up. There will always be inconsistency within brands but SP8's fits so odd from the bunch.

The medium SMX-1 Air I had were brutal at first, still haven't got to the point of comfort. The SP8 are just horrible with excess finger lengths especially on the thumb. I guess ill start looking at other brands, Rev'it seems popular of bunch.
You have two options:
  1. Buy online and deal with returns/exchange if they don't fit
  2. Wait...
But, if I were in your position I would buy the two sizes and return the ones that did not fit. That way you only have to deal with a single return.
As we all know, what is in stock today, might not be in stock tomorrow.
Not sure why I never thought of that lol. Seems like the best method. Don't really fancy online shopping but this pandemic isn't going to make any better.

..............., if I were in your position I would buy the two sizes and return the ones that did not fit................
I purchased 2 pairs of JR Large gloves from GP bikes on sale, but when I dropped in to pick them up they were tight and ended up switching them up for XL instead. This was a month or so back when the stores were open. I have always worn a Large, but these just did not feel right. Try a local store, GP is good and will price match, order both sizes and return the pair that does not fit. Other option is to wait until stores open up again, May 21, but that date may not be set in stone.

Get the smaller ones and urinate on them while wearing them. The uric acid interacts with the peptides in the leather to enlarge the strands and stretches the leather. Probably a good idea to video this and upload it to YouTube as no one else has done this valuable service for the motorcycling community yet.

Edit: just in case ... :)

I go for the smaller sizes because I find with wear the gloves stretch out and after a few weeks of use they become perfect. This is why I’m stuck on the gloves from Velocity and am waiting to see if there is a chance to buy another XS set. Tried the M from a GTAMer and they were too loose. Size S might fit...not sure.

+1

New leather anything: always buy one size smaller.

Leather will stretch with use, time, heat and sweat and if they fit perfectly when new, then it'll be baggy and oversize by the time they break in.

DAMHIK...

+1

New leather anything: always buy one size smaller.

Leather will stretch with use, time, heat and sweat and if they fit perfectly when new, then it'll be baggy and oversize by the time they break in.

DAMHIK...
Ya....the older we get the more flabby we get...FML. Time to hit the gym again.

Back
Top Bottom