If you could have one bike... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you could have one bike...

So I don't think the pneumatic poppet valve spring is going to save the reciprocating internal combustion engine
unless it can make it work a whole lot more fuel efficient and sadly that's not what it was designed to do :|

This thread should be renamed "if you could have one valvetrain..."
The whole thing runs on strong magnets that want to float and to follow the camshaft profile faithfully at any speed.

So I don't think the pneumatic poppet valve spring is going to save the reciprocating internal combustion engine
unless it can make it work a whole lot more fuel efficient and sadly that's not what it was designed to do :|
I actually giggle every time you say Poppet Valve.

A very interesting tidbit I found on my trek. Also check the link for the Koeningsegg free valve.

The Test Mule is the 2020 Sonata. It took 9 years and a couple billion to get this far at the dawn of an era about to be radicalized and simplified by electric motors. This new engine is going in the opposite direction and has a lot more moving parts in order to extract that tiny bit of extra performance/kilometre. And there is also the chance it could be the next Wankel.

The Test Mule is the 2020 Sonata. It took 9 years and a couple billion to get this far at the dawn of an era about to be radicalized and simplified by electric motors. This new engine is going in the opposite direction and has a lot more moving parts in order to extract that tiny bit of extra performance/kilometre. And there is also the chance it could be the next Wankel.

There is not many redeeming values to producing this engine.
Don't you think the made it, just to say they can?

There is not many redeeming values to producing this engine.
Don't you think they made it, just to say they can?

No. No one is that stupid for bragging rights at the expense of shareholders' profit. They started 9 years ago when Tesla was just a dream experiment from an eccentric billionaire that most people, including Hyundai, thought would be dead within a few years. And so as each year passed, Hyundai did what most people do, keep throwing more money at it, because the perfected prototype is just a few months away. The auto industry is the most over-competitive, over-capacity industry on earth. GM was the first failure, watch for more as those not keeping up with electric car development go bankrupt. And while this engine may not be the next Wankel it could be the next Pony.

No. No one is that stupid for bragging rights at the expense of shareholders' profit. They started 9 years ago when Tesla was just a dream experiment from an eccentric billionaire that most people, including Hyundai, thought would be dead within a few years. And so as each year passed, Hyundai did what most people do, keep throwing more money at it, because the perfected prototype is just a few months away. The auto industry is the most over-competitive, over-capacity industry on earth. GM was the first failure, watch for more as those not keeping up with electric car development go bankrupt. And while this engine may not be the next Wankel it could be the next Pony.
I doubt that.
But who knows.

I doubt that.
But who knows.

Ya, you really need to keep an open mind cause things are changing much faster than I ever thought. Even my mechanic says he's not worried and he will have lots of work on gas engines for the next 30 years. But who knows? Bloomberg says "peak oil" is supposed to hit in 2023/2024 and between 2025 and 2030 electric sales will just go crazy. Doubt Hyundai is ever going to make back its $2 billion investment in the production of this new engine.
Bloomberg EVs Report

Why aim so low?
One bike only?

Something like a Guzzi V11 Sport.
Ducati MH900e
Or the original MHR 900

I just picked up a Gladius myself and I’m loving it so far. What mods have you done to the bike?

I’m not mechanically incline but hoping to get a slip-on and a tail tidy.

For one bike only? For that, it'd have to be somewhat multi purpose. My gladius in that case I guess

- It's got enough power
- comfortable enough for long distance touring
- sporty and agile enough for twisties
- cheap enough to buy-maintain-mod
- around 600/yr insurance
- its capable of very very light gravel trail (though slowly)

Jack of all trades, master of none.

But I always want a different bike, just to see what it's like.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Gladius myself and I’m loving it so far. What mods have you done to the bike?

I’m not mechanically incline but hoping to get a slip-on and a tail tidy.

Congrats. Some people hate the looks but I think it looks fine.

- Came with belly pan, front fender extender, rear tire hugger, rear seat cowl, mra windscreen from previous owner

I got these done over the years.
- lower handlebar
- short levers
- round 7 inch led headlight
- led signals
- evotech tail eliminator
- delkevic slip on
- corbin seat
- frame sliders
- gsxr 600 rear shock
- racetech front springs and heavier oil
- tech spec tank grip
- bar end mirrors
- handguard to block wind (these come off in summer)

That sounds amazing! Which delkevic cans did you get and how do you like it? Did you order it from Amazon and did it come with db killers?

How was the tail tidy install?

Congrats. Some people hate the looks but I think it looks fine.

- Came with belly pan, front fender extender, rear tire hugger, rear seat cowl, mra windscreen from previous owner

I got these done over the years.
- lower handlebar
- short levers
- round 7 inch led headlight
- led signals
- evotech tail eliminator
- delkevic slip on
- corbin seat
- frame sliders
- gsxr 600 rear shock
- racetech front springs and heavier oil
- tech spec tank grip
- bar end mirrors
- handguard to block wind (these come off in summer)

That sounds amazing! Which delkevic cans did you get and how do you like it? Did you order it from Amazon and did it come with db killers?

How was the tail tidy install?
Yup, amazon Canada and came with dB killer.
If you wanna go cheap, danmoto has sale going on right now. Check their website. Some people say they're crap and I've had no personal experience. But it was a brand I considered.

I've never had a tail tidy in my previous 3 bikes and this was first time. But gladius has particularly ugly tail so I caved. Took me like 3 hrs.

Great! Did you get hit with taxes or duties? I saw they put a disclaimer on their amazon ad and it kind of turned my off a bit. i legitimately considered the Danmoto XG1 but I saw reviews that they’re obviously loud and didnt want to annoy my neighbours

Yup, amazon Canada and came with dB killer.
If you wanna go cheap, danmoto has sale going on right now. Check their website. Some people say they're crap and I've had no personal experience. But it was a brand I considered.

I've never had a tail tidy in my previous 3 bikes and this was first time. But gladius has particularly ugly tail so I caved. Took me like 3 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom