If you could have one bike... | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you could have one bike...

-Maverick-

Bikes that you've had, sold and regretted selling. That one that got away from you. The one that made you smile all the time. One bike and one bike only...

?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Past regrets: fz09

Future aspiration: Streetfighter V4

I can’t name one. I loved every bike I had and have except my GL1500 (it was an excellent bike just boring). I think every time you buy a bike it should be “the one”.

I can’t name one. I loved every bike I had and have except my GL1500 (it was an excellent bike just boring). I think every time you buy a bike it should be “the one”.
Yours should be the Rupp Roadster I bet you wish you still had to give your grand kids.

For one bike only? For that, it'd have to be somewhat multi purpose. My gladius in that case I guess

- It's got enough power
- comfortable enough for long distance touring
- sporty and agile enough for twisties
- cheap enough to buy-maintain-mod
- around 600/yr insurance
- its capable of very very light gravel trail (though slowly)

Jack of all trades, master of none.

But I always want a different bike, just to see what it's like.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So far my current Super Glide Custom is the best bike I've owned; despite the Harley nay-sayers. Totally reliable, comfortable (mid-mount pegs), fast enough. Gets me everywhere I want to go.
Quick release luggage, windshield and backrest makes it a multi-purpose tool.
And I loooooove looking at it.

I've decided that even if I buy another bike in the future, the Super Glide stays with me.

Had a 1984 BMW R80RT for 15 years. It did everything better than any bike i can think of. The ergos and aerodynamics were second to none. The only thing lacking (back in 2002) was a dealer network. And reasonably priced parts.

2008 GSX-R750. Took a pinecone and dented the rotors. Then took me smashing it into a wall....and was fine aside from plastics and brake line. I'm never touching a European brand because those things grenade themselves without my ****** riding doing anything lol

So for my future bike.... 20xx GSXR1000RR

IMG_1835.JPG

I'm good! (y)

Really like what they did with the new engine, the M8. I might go that direction when it's time for a new bike.

Reactions: J_F
Yours should be the Rupp Roadster I bet you wish you still had to give your grand kids.
No grandkids yet (as far as I know). When they arrive they will get Rupps.

Very happy with my 5th gen VFR.
Might have to shelf it and pull the ex500 back out or get a regular dirtbike for the mileage I'm anticipating the next few years... can no longer justify the insurance rates to mileage ratio..
T.T

Just one? Fawk!

I’m looking at sport touring bikes right now.

VFR1200 or ST1300, BMW r1200RT, FJR, Concours, etc.......

Then my eye wanders to classic standards\ like a Triumph Bonneville T120, liquid cooling, 6 spd trans, or used T-Bird.....

Then I think of RE 650 cont for just bopping around on........

Oh and a V-Rod Muscle.......

And down the rabbit hole I go.........

What ever I end up, it will be “the one” for the summer until something else catches my eye.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom