I will pay you $250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I will pay you $250

black_CG2

I'm offering $250 if I can get a job as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in the company you are working for. Or if you know any connection and if it helps me to land a job there. This is my referral fee.

$250 cold cash

You can also refer to my unemployment thread: Please stop me from selling my bike...

Good luck, I mean that.

I spent my entire career in IT. Operator to developer to Manager(Project and IT) to Director, back to PM and BA.

I now drive a truck. Come up with a plan B and C and quick.

yup...schools are churning out grads with general degrees by the 1,000's each year
would suggest OP, you find a way to specialize in an industry and get good at it
rather than focus on a position on the org chart based on your education

Get in the trades man. Decent money and always have work.
In 25 years I’ve only spent 2 weeks without a job.
In the last five I’ve owned my own business and have been looking for guys almost the entire time. I hear the same thing from all my sub trades and general contractors. “No body wants to work”

Good luck, I mean that.

I spent my entire career in IT. Operator to developer to Manager(Project and IT) to Director, back to PM and BA.

I now drive a truck. Come up with a plan B and C and quick.

Wait, what?

There is a massive under supply of software developers. Why would you switch out?

I'm a dev myself, never work more than 8 hours, and make more than the average house hold income in Ontario as a single person. With the way we're moving with automation, machine learning, AI, and Toronto becoming a tech hub, there isn't a shortage of extremely well paying jobs as a software developer.

I admit this profession isn't an easy one, as we're always waddling through problems completely blind, the field changes in a blink of an eye (Progression Web Apps are the new thing, REstful services was yesterday, mobile apps never died, and MVC + MVVM is still a thing), but I wouldn't give it up as I really enjoy it.

My suggestion, if you have passion for it, is to make some applications yourself that solve your everyday problems. Throw them onto github (you will need to learn git if you don't know it), then use them as portfolio ammo during interviews. There are a lot of ****** developers that have negative throughput (whatever they touch, they **** things up more than help), and it isn't hard to position yourself as a competent one that loves learning new tech + developing stuff.

Last edited:
I know a guy who needs some insulated walls repaired from the inside ;)

Apply to the government.

Friend has been working for DND for the last 5 years as a software engineer. Top Secret clearance and yearly contract that gets renewed around the 7 or 8 month mark every time. He takes vacation when he wants to for as long as he wants to.

May require moving to Ottawa.

yup...schools are churning out grads with general degrees by the 1,000's each year
would suggest OP, you find a way to specialize in an industry and get good at it
I am trying to find that industry.
Get in the trades man. Decent money and always have work.
In 25 years I’ve only spent 2 weeks without a job.
In the last five I’ve owned my own business and have been looking for guys almost the entire time. I hear the same thing from all my sub trades and general contractors. “No body wants to work”
I have been trying since last year. Asked around GTAM too. Nothing.

Wait, what?

There is a massive under supply of software developers. Why would you switch out?

I'm a dev myself, never work more than 8 hours, and make more than the average house hold income in Ontario as a single person. With the way we're moving with automation, machine learning, AI, and Toronto becoming a tech hub, there isn't a shortage of extremely well paying jobs as a software developer.

I admit this profession isn't an easy one, as we're always waddling through problems completely blind, the field changes in a blink of an eye (Progression Web Apps are the new thing, REstful services was yesterday, mobile apps never died, and MVC + MVVM is still a thing), but I wouldn't give it up as I really enjoy it.

My suggestion, if you have passion for it, is to make some applications yourself that solve your everyday problems. Throw them onto github (you will need to learn git if you don't know it), then use them as portfolio ammo during interviews. There are a lot of ****** developers that have negative throughput (whatever they touch, they **** things up more than help), and it isn't hard to position yourself as a competent one that loves learning new tech + developing stuff.

That is awesome man. See my problem is I never enjoyed programming/coding. I truly wish I did.

I know a guy who needs some insulated walls repaired from the inside ;)
Huh?

Apply to the government.

Friend has been working for DND for the last 5 years as a software engineer. Top Secret clearance and yearly contract that gets renewed around the 7 or 8 month mark every time. He takes vacation when he wants to for as long as he wants to.

May require moving to Ottawa.

Applied to govt jobs in Ottawa with intention of moving to Ottawa. No interview.

Send me a pm with resume i may have something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PM sent.

?! business analyst and project manager is one of the most generic titles you can get in that field.

It's not about "position", there will always be projects that won't get themselves to completion, there will always be data and needs and capabilities to be analyzed. I didn't finish my university, but i got my skills by learning on the job, by working on projects. And PM/BA don't have any shiny or glamorous position, the people who take the credit half the time are directors, head of departments, VPs... at least in my world.

5+ years of business analyst experience with project management in hospitality, retail and insurance.

I am underemployed at the moment. Amazon delivery, valet driver and real estate project manager work now. Why underemployed? I really don't know. My resume is much better and my interview skills are sharper than 3/4 years ago. I barely get interviews and if I do, I can't go beyond first round.

I'm offering $250 if I can get a job as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in the company you are working for. Or if you know any connection and if it helps me to land a job there. This is my referral fee.

$250 cold cash

You can also refer to my unemployment thread: Please stop me from selling my bike...

Python Developer by chance? I have an opportunity..

Back
Top Bottom