I want to take a trip to BC | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I want to take a trip to BC

This is how I remember riding Saskatchewan

13724052_294202404268267_2887838431949977948_o.jpg
I can fall down on rocks in Ontario quite well. I have no need to go to SK to fall on rocks there. I am sure they hurt just as much.

I can fall down on rocks in Ontario quite well. I have no need to go to SK to fall on rocks there. I am sure they hurt just as much.
That's what everybody must have thought, only 2 of us from Ontario competed in that National event :/ and no body else even showed to ride old guy class, all the rest of Canada whimped out :| Nobody in Intermediate class either! One local rider tried and crashed badly :( very disappointing event but that was no fault of the hosts.

Wawa to Marathon is your longest stretch without fuel(200km). In the summer there should be a gas station in white river, but with covid you might want to double check that. Some gas stations close in the evening.

Some parts of the prairies are unexpectedly beautiful. If you don't mind gravel the Qu'appelle valley is a completely unexpected oasis. I'm not sure if I would want to give up BC time to explore SK though.

Cool place.

Wawa to Marathon is your longest stretch without fuel(200km). In the summer there should be a gas station in white river, but with covid you might want to double check that. Some gas stations close in the evening.

There are two big ESSO stations in White River... One is/looks brand new.
'Filled up there last week :)

Don't forget to visit the Winnie the pooh memorial just up the road..

esso.jpg

Last edited:
I hate this thread...

I had planned on another run West with a buddy starting June 1st.
We were going to ride as far as Penticton BC together, then he was going to continue on up to Tuktoyuktuk... Because he's crazy.
Covid and some other stuff came up that interfered so we put the trip on hold and eventually decided to do it next year...
Now I'm like F*** it...
Looking at my calendar and thinking I'll take off Aug 31st... solo

If all goes well, I'll be ride to Vancouver Sept 12.
Still really want to go to Deals Gap in mid October though.

Gotta do BC someday. I was born in Vancouver, but Mom and Dad moved to Toronto when i was two.

I wave at all bikes - even FJR's.
If you know of any of the must ride roads of twisty madness, then please share.

I'd recommend taking #3, the Crowsnest Hwy form Medicine Hat rather than continuing on the Trans Canada up through Banff etc.
Things don't get too twisty until you get into the mountains on the TC or #3, but I found #3 to be less busy.
Or... Take the TC one way and #3 the other at least.
*Be prepared to cope with every/any weather when in the mountains... 'Was there last July and experienced temps as low as 6 degrees with hail/rain then 30 min later 30 degrees and sunny...
3.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta do BC someday. I was born in Vancouver, but Mom and Dad moved to Toronto when i was two.

My oldest just graduated from UBC Vancouver and won't be moving back to Ontario if she can help it... Lol
My sister moved out there 20 years ago and won't be moving back to Ontario... EVER!
My dad moved out there 5 years ago and won't be moving back to Ontario either...

I hope to join them all in a couple of years when I retire... 'Haven't told the wife yet, but... she can come too if she wants ;-)

I know - the situation seems pretty poor down there. Northeastern states seem to be doing okay and maybe will be good enough by October, but I have no clue what will be going on in the NC/TN area by then.

But back to BC, the ride over to Prince Rupert and then south looks really nice as a way to get into Vancouver.
I'd recommend taking #3, the Crowsnest Hwy form Medicine Hat rather than continuing on the Trans Canada up through Banff etc.
Things don't get too twisty until you get into the mountains on the TC or #3, but I found #3 to be less busy.
Or... Take the TC one way and #3 the other at least.
*Be prepared to cope with every/any weather when in the mountains... 'Was there last July and experienced temps as low as 6 degrees with hail/rain then 30 min later 30 degrees and sunny...
View attachment 43945
Thanks for this - the route and map is very useful! I will use this on my route going home and take a northern route to get to Vancouver.
For me - the more intensely twisty the road, the better.

There are two big ESSO stations in White River... One is/looks brand new.
'Filled up there last week :)

Don't forget to visit the Winnie the pooh memorial just up the road..

View attachment 43944

We gassed up there. Entire outside row of pumps were not working and the ones on the inside were not working for pay at the pump. Most frustrating gas stop of the entire trip which is likely why I remember it. Skipped A&W as well - most overrated fast food aside from the root beer in the frosty mug.

Skipped A&W as well - most overrated fast food aside from the root beer in the frosty mug.
i'd take A&W over McDonalds..BK would be a tougher choice.

1. Harvey's
  2. Wendy's
  3. BK/A&W
  4. everything else
  5. McDonalds
for fast food burgers imo.

Other way around for me....McDonalds before A&W. A&W burgers always look like they came out of a vending machine or something to me, and sometimes, don't taste much better. Stupid expensive as well for what you get - the $6 papa burger or whatever I had last time reminded me a little of a $2 McDouble, but less tasty.

I like Harveys as well, but they're far and few between anymore. Wendy's decent...like their baked potatoes as well.

i'd take A&W over McDonalds..BK would be a tougher choice.

1. Harvey's
  2. Wendy's
  3. BK/A&W
  4. everything else
  5. McDonalds
for fast food burgers imo.
Wouldn't eat any of them if I was on the road.
Lately every single one of those places does not agree with my stomach.
However Wendy's and A&W are the least worst and the best tasting imho

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Wouldn't eat any of them if I was on the road.
Lately every single one of those places does not agree with my stomach.
However Wendy's and A&W are the least worst and the best tasting imho

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
went to Woody's Burgers yesterday, fannnnnnnnnnnnntastic as always! ice cream place opened up next door so i skipped the craft beer and treated myself to a chocolate shake to help cool off.

Back
Top Bottom