I Ordered This Helmet From Amazon; What Are The Cons? | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Ordered This Helmet From Amazon; What Are The Cons?

Pegassus

Site Supporter

61DfrvTwesL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61Vz2PH1DpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

-

I bought it because it transforms from full-face to half-face, and it has its own clear and tinted visors incorporated, and a great price! What can go wrong here?

It's just a modular helmet, right. The chin piece does not come off. It's like any other modular helmet. You should not ride at any speed over 20km with it up. I don't know the brand, I'm guessing it's an entry level helmet. Reviews are both good and bad. Modular helmets are going to be a little heavier because of the mechanism to open them, also a little louder.

I'd buy that!! My helmet opens up like that too

Seems like a solid purchase.

c2bee8245b9c19ad7bbb2303c247d982.jpg

Brain damage?

Terrible quality. Helmet was thin and flimsy. Visor flips open constantly. You’re better off to spend your money taping Styrofoam to your head than buying this helmet.

It's flat black and hard to see. Maybe not the best choice in a sport where people often comment "ride like you're invisible".

I had to wait for my all white lid to arrive at the dealer. No thanks Mr Smidsy.

Yeah...not going to tell anyone they need to be dropping $800+ on a lid, but $130? Nope.
Im seriously considering a higher end adventure bike...but I've also heard a good aerodynamic helmet makes highway rides and dealing with the wind a LOT easier(usually higher end helmets that are $1000 +/-)

Im seriously considering a higher end adventure bike...but I've also heard a good aerodynamic helmet makes highway rides and dealing with the wind a LOT easier(usually higher end helmets that are $1000 +/-)
Schuberth, RPHA 70 ST, RF-1400, K6 ETC. None of that GP Pista Carbon stuff, going to sound like a wind tunnel every time you ride on a highway.

Bell Star helmets are good and they’re quiet. I’ve got one for street and one for track. DOT and ECE certified.
Cheapest place I found for them (by more than $100) was FC Moto. I think my last one cost me around $350 delivered.

Schuberth, RPHA 70 ST, RF-1400, K6 ETC. None of that GP Pista Carbon stuff, going to sound like a wind tunnel every time you ride on a highway.
I had my eye on the shoei gt air 2

How does the brake light work? Do you tie it into the bike brake light?

Nevermind....just a blinking LED.

Honestly for $130, and on Amazon....I’d be quite weary of it.

Didnt embed all that well on my phone. Not surprising there are fake reviews propping it up.

Back
Top Bottom